INCUBUS | FORTY-THREE

"You'll be alright." The man spoke as he put the plate of the piece of cake in the he table in front of fanxing who was still sniffing.

Lan wangji bought fanxing to his newly opened café and gave him a special treats to make him feel okay again. He sat down opposite on fanxing as he stared at the boy.

Fanxing on the other side, still felt hurt and he don't know why it has a big impact on him after he heard about the story.

"Why are you crying?" The man asked him and gave him a comforting smile.

Fanxing didn't answer as he continued sniffing and looking at the plate in front of him.

"Is your girlfriend broke up with you?"

He looked up at the man, "I don't have one."

The man only chuckled at him and leaned to patted his head.

"Gege, can I stay here until four O'Clock in the afternoon?"

The man widened his eyes, "why? Is there any problem about your family?"

Fanxing moved his head sideways, "I just want to spend time with you."

Lan wangji only nodded as he smiled at the younger, "sure!"

Fanxing went home exactly 4:25 pm as Lan wangji drove him home.

Fanxing knows he was already late from coming home, he sighed as he took off his seatbelt.

"Thank you, Gege.." he said as he looks at the man beside him.

"You're always welcome." The man smiled at him and fanxing went out to the car, exchanging their farewells before the man drove away.

Fanxing sighed again, he truly enjoyed in Lan wangji's place especially how the man treated him like he was his own son. At least fanxing felt how it feels if you have a father by your side.

He smiled before entering to their home as he saw his uncle Zhuocheng sitting on the sofa, looking at him.

"You're zhan-ge is already here."

Fanxing looks down on his shoes as he sighed again.

"I'm with Mr. Lan" he said.

"You're with that man again?" A new voice spoke.

Fanxing looked up at the owner of the new voice.

"I told you not to trust strangers"

"Zhan-ge, he's not stranger to me. He's nice." Fanxing said, trying to defend the man with them.

"He onced save me and after that he always treat me nice ."

"He was still a stranger!" Xiao zhan exclaimed.

"I'm just trying to protect you from danger." Xiao zhan added.

"He's not danger, zhan-ge and whatever happened in y-------"

"FANXING!!" Zhuocheng yelled behind as he flared at his nephew.

Fanxing immediately shut his mouth as he almost said about what happened in xiao Zhan's past, he look down and approached xiao zhan as he hugged him.

"I'm sorry zhan-ge, I'll invite Mr. Lan next time in our house."

Xiao zhan only sighed, he can't stop fanxing from what he want.

EDITED: APRIL 3, 2021