1

Y/n POV

"Really your visiting!"

                                             "Yeah, I have a 3-day long weekend and I thought I should visit."

You're probably wondering what the heck is happening. Well, I'm on the phone with my brother Mark, and yes the one from NCT. No one knows that Mark is my brother because he thought I would get 'kidnapped'. What an idiot, I'm 20 I think I can take care of myself. But I guess you can call me his 'secret sister'.

 At this very moment, I'm thrilled, Mark is finally visiting. Now your probably like tf why would you even want to see him, don't siblings hate each other? Maybe we would if we grew up together but we didn't. 

My parents were both separated when I was born, my mom lived in Toronto with me and my dad lived in Vancouver with Mark because of money problems. They both kept us a secret from each other because who knows why. 

When I turned 12 my mom told me I was moving to Vancouver, I was so upset, there was no reason to move, all of my friends were in Toronto. So why the hell would we move. I kept telling my mom this in the hope to convince her to stay. 

She probably thought she should tell me the reason. And there it was the cold truth. "You have an older brother that you don't know about, that is living with your dad in Vancouver". I remember all the mixed emotions I was having, happy, sad, mad, excited. But there was one thing that popped in my head, 'I can steal his hoodies'. From there on out, Mark and I got closer. We hardly fought and you can say we were sibling goals.

"Now you think you should visit 
it's been 2 years dude"

"I'm sorry, but at least I became an idol"

"I guess."

"I gotta go my flights about to leave. Byeee."

"Bye"

I cut the call as excitement rushed through my body. This was going to be the best 3 days of my life. I haven't seen Mark for 2 years, after my mom and I moved to Vancouver I only got to spend 3 years with him before we went to Korea to become a K-POP Idol. I felt like a little kid getting candy. 

I went downstairs to tell my parents about the spectacular news. They were almost as happy as I was. We decided to decorate the house and have a small party with the 4 of us. 

~2 hours later~

We were finally done, the only thing left was to get the food, so my parents went to the store while I texted my best friend, Naeun. 

Yo, my brother's visiting 

You have a brother?????

NOOOOOO, he's my cousin brother

Tf are you talking abt

Nevermind, gotta gooo

Bye, I guess

"That was a close one" I let out a sigh of relief. This is what I meant no one know's not even my best friend. It is the hardest secret to keep from my best friend, we tell each other everything, we even share our dreams, I know it's weird but we are weird and were also kinda savage. 

That's actually how we became friends. We were both in math class when the teacher asked me "Why are you still talking? Do you know what people call someone who keeps talking when no one is interested?" at the same time Naeun and I said "A TEACHER" the whole class started laughing and the teacher gave us detention. That was the moment we knew we would be besties. 

It's been a while since I visited her, ever since I moved to Vancouver we never met but we would call each other every day. We are basically like sisters and the fact that I can't talk to her about anything family related is so annoying. 

But I'm planning to visit her for her birthday, I've been saving up for a plane ticket. I do have enough money, but it's too hard to go now because of what happened 1 month ago. Ever since I had trouble going out alone. Thinking about it gives me chills, but I know I can't avoid it forever. 

I was always a strong/confident type of person but after that night I don't think I will ever be the same person. That night ruined my life, I can't think the same, I can't look at anyone the same way and I can't be myself anymore. 

I felt a warm liquid on my face. I was crying. Out of all day's why did I have to think about that night today. I should be grateful that it's over, but I just wish it wasn't me and I wish it weren't him. But at least Jae came in time before things got worse. 

Tears streamed down my face as I thought about that regretful night. My head filled by thoughts and things I could have done to prevent that night. 

I went to the bathroom and fixed myself up and focused on the party. I realized I still needed to put up the streamers. So I got to it. 

________________________________________________________________________________

"I guess we're living and dying at the same time"