-56-

Beep, beep, beep

It surrounded the white room as people walked back and forth, coming in and out in a hurried manner. Tubes and monitoring machines on display. The noisy beeps accelerated, people's eyes widening in realization.

Clatter engulfed the small room, caused by the workers, who tried their best to keep the situation at bay, although the monitor did nothing but beep rapidly, as a consequence of the boy's racing heart.

His face was pale, body lying limply on the stretcher as people worked on keeping him alive. Crimson red coated his stomach, running down his sides and staining the small bed underneath him.

Dark purple and blueish bruises were all over his body, excluding legs and arms. Yet the thing that concerned the people in the room the most were the internal damage the fight could've provoked.

Orders were given to a few people, who quickly obeyed, rushing out of the room.

Cries filled the air in the waiting area. Taehyung saw, with swollen and red rimmed eyes, as the woman he had known for a few months hugged her husband for dear life. Sobs left her mouth as the man tightened the hug even more, trying to make sure that, not only she knew he was there for her if something happened, but also to make sure her knees wouldn't give out.

They had been there for over an hour, not knowing what was happening within those thick walls, not knowing if the constant rushing of the workers was a good signal of Jungkook's condition, probably not.

They just didn't know if Jungkook would make it out alive.

Mrs. Jeon could barely talk, her body shivering in fear, her hope faltering every passing second. Mr. Jeon wasn't any better, but he tried to keep calm for his wife, even though he was, if not, worse than the woman he so tightly hugged.

It was Tuesday, around 11pm, the waiting area was empty. Four people in them. Jungkook's parents, Taehyung and Jin.

The blond boy watched with sad, bloodshot eyes, the crying couple. His heart was racing, every two seconds he glanced at the long corridor where four people had sent Jungkook to. The poor boy couldn't even think straight as he sat there, his gaze focused on the floor, only lifting his head where there were steps nearby. However, none of them were the doctor's. He felt as if he was hopeless, imagining millions, billions of possible situations.

And even though he thought he didn't have more tears to cry, his eyes glossed once more. How many times has this happened?

He kept repeating the same scene in his mind, over and over again. He kept seeing Jungkook's lying body in the hallway. Limp, stiff, slack, lifeless. He remembered his cries reverberating around the place, his tears soaking Jungkook's damaged face. He remembered his tries to shake his lying body, hoping he would wake up, but to no avail.

He remembered the moment Jungkook's parents saw him, the awful, angsty feeling after calling an ambulance. The loud cries, the hiccups of both of the boy's parents. It was all too much, too much because he'd promised himself he would protect him at all costs, but it happened nonetheless.

He felt like a failure.

He felt like he didn't deserve the never-ending love Jungkook had professed towards him.

He didn't want to think about what could have happened without Jin's help, the only one who knew Wooyoung's address. Taehyung was impossibly thankful for that, that little detail that had saved the boy he loved to no end.

The boy who had managed to make him smile with so little, to feel butterflies in his stomach, to feel his heart race the moment he saw him, to feel giddy, happy, lucky. The boy who had spent so much time with, the boy who managed to break his walls, the boy Taehyung had eyes for him and only him, the one who had managed to see Taehyung as he truly was.