-25-

Jungkook was in a state of shock. He didn't know what to think, he didn't want to think. If thinking meant recalling what happened last night he was going to do everything he could do to focus on any other thing.

But he couldn't avoid what he felt every time he heard some kind of noise in his house, thinking the worst. He knew he'd been strangled to almost death. He knew he couldn't stop himself from panicking every night, every time he lay on his bed and tried to sleep what best he could, images of his nightmare would come to him. The way he felt when he ran out of oxigen or every time he saw the angry red marks on his neck he felt like he was sofocating again and again, unable to breathe.

He wasn't able to sleep for more than two hours without waking up abruptly. Although every window and door was well secured he didn't feel safe at all. He couldn't sleep in his own house, he wasn't feeling safe living there, he barely ate something without having his stomach rejecting the food.

How much he wished it had been a stupid nightmare.

He did his morning routine and tried his best to cover the bags under his eyes with concealer. It seemed to work or at least they weren't that significant and obvious or at least they weren't if people didn't approach him too much.

The concealer did a good job at covering his eye bags but it couldn't cover how tired Jungkook was from the lack of sleep, so he tried his best to stay awake and pay some attention to class.

"You okay?" Jungkook heared from his right and turned his head to look at Taehyung. He nodded but it didn't make Taehyung more at ease taking into account how he frowned afterwards.

"You look tired." Taehyung stated, placing his blue pen down on the table and ignoring his teacher rambling. "Mm... I'm good." Jungkook said rubbing his eyes with fisted hands.

"No, you're not, that's bullshit." Taehyung said unwaveringly, looking serious.

The way Jungkook's eyelids fell every two seconds was obvious and Taehyung knew he was lying. Jungkook wasn't like this usually, although he was shy and didn't talk much he was always paying attention to whatever shit the teachers were vomiting, not drooling on his notebooks like he was doing right now.

"I'm fine, the class is just boring." He muttered, waving his hand dismissively hoping he left the topic be.

"Now, that's new." Taehyung said with a lifted eyebrow while pointing his index finger at Jungkook who tilted his head in confusion, trying to decipher what the other was talking about. "Uh?" He muttered when Taehyung didn't looked like he was continuing.

"Jeon Jungkook would never say a class is boring, who are you and what did you do to Jungkook?" He said playfully with squinted eyes.

"Idiot." Jungkook said before chuckling at his friend's strange beaviour. "But seriously, you should sleep more, you look like you're about to faint." Taehyung uttered at which Jungkook just gave him a quick and weak nod.

"Have you got something planned for this afternoon?" Taehyung asked once the class finished and both of them were walking through the corridors, almost elbowing their way in order to get to their next classroom together.

"I was planning on going to Jin's cafe, some days ago I saw that they needed workers there, I was going to talk to Jin about it last time we passed by but it looked like he took a day off." Jungkook said once they achieved going through the crowded corridor.

"I could accompany you if you want, I've got nothing to do this afternoon and I could help you get the job, after all, you met Jin because of me, I'm his friend, I can persuade him." He said, winking at Jungkook who blushed lightly.