-43-

I'll update another chapter today cuz this one's kinda short. ^_^

-

It's been a week since Hoseok had been finally discharged and Jungkook was now glad to say that his friend was slowly healing. His ribs didn't mean any harm to him anymore but there still were some occasional side pains.

Every little wince Hoseok let out had Jungkook rushing immediately to him, laying him down on the nearest comfortable surface he found and handing him an impressive amount of pills in a suggestive manner.

Mr. and Mrs. Jung refused to let him stay at his house, given their long workdays and their incapability to take care of their son properly, as he needed. So, with a sad yet content smile, they had handed him to the raven-haired boy they knew so well.

Jungkook made sure to take all his clothes with him so that the boy could change into comfortable clothes as many times as he wanted without the need of worrying over leaving his friend without anything to wear. He took care of him and didn't separate from him so he didn't feel alone. After all, it's the least he could do after letting this happen.

Jungkook still replied to the occasional sweet texts Taehyung sent, and even though he hated to admit it, the blond boy always managed to make him smile. However, the raven-haired boy was still unsure about everything. His head told him to be more cautious around him but his heart still believed he was innocent of all accusations.

He simply had no idea about how to encounter the topic anymore, or the simple fact of seeing the older again, to let him hug him, to feel his soft, plump lips crash against his. Was it bad he still wanted him to kiss him?

He had a string of hope Hoseok had mistaken the boy's appearance, he said he looked like Taehyung but he never saw his face, only his blond hair. That meant he could be innocent, right?

Moments of stress such as the one Hoseok went through could cause someone to mistake things easily. That, among others, was the reason the raven-haired boy still had faith, faith in all this being a big mistake, a misunderstanding.

That didn't mean Jungkook was going to act carelessly, though. No. In fact, he'd never been more observant since that day. Not only with Taehyung but with everything and everybody.

He felt like he had gone back to those first months with silent calls, when he felt hopeless, when he felt lonely.

Although not everything was bad news, Hoseok was now able to put some weight on his injured foot, not enough to be able to walk on his own without crutches but he was undoubtedly healing faster that both of them had expected.

The only signal of him ever being beaten were the faint, ugly green marks on his side and the crutches he always was seen with.

But apart from that, Hoseok seemed like always, smiley, cheerful, with his characteristic extravagant and loud personality. Jungkook had guessed, from the sudden change of mood he always had, that the sudden calls at his phone had something to do. He never asked who called though, there was no need to when he already knew it was a certain a grumpy, black-haired boy.

Jungkook couldn't be happier for that. They seemed to have grown closer these past three weeks and Hoseok was impossibly happy it happened. Jungkook had apologized to Hoseok countless of times after telling him what happened that same day he was beaten and that, what he went through, was his fault but each one Hoseok dismissed him nonchalantly, assuring him it was okay and changing the topic of conversation.

They grew closer, if that was even possible, now that Hoseok knew about Jungkook's situation, they were able to talk about everything that worried the youngest. After all, Jungkook's stalker knew both of them were aware of him so there was really no point in Jungkook keeping information from his friend.