-9-

It was time for his last class. Exam. He was prepared for it, he knew that. He spent two long afternoons studying for this and he was sure he was gonna pass this exam but he couldn't help but being nervous. It was just a normal reaction for him, even when he didn't need to worry.

He sat on his seat and waited for his teacher, who was handing blank sheets of paper to the students along with the exam.

The first question. Develop, with accuracy, the reigns of the first three kings that belonged to the House of Stuart.

Jungkook began writing taking a quick glance to his watch in order to be aware of how much time he had until the dismissal bell rang.

He finished his test and he still had five minutes until the bell rang. He sighed, contented with his work.

He smiled slightly putting his pen down on he table. He turned his head and watched out the window, not having anything else to do. He could see some kids around the age of eight playing beyond his high-school's perimeter, parents talking while glancing at their children from time to time, making sure they don't get hurt.

He moved his gaze towards a guy dressed in black, his left foot pressed against the wall while his arms were crossed. Jungkook couldn't see his face since he had a black cap on and it covered everything but his mouth, which was slightly curved.

Jungkook couldn't see well being in a second floor and the guy several hundreds of meters away but it seem as if he was smiling or smirking at him.

He shook his head thinking he was being delirious. Jungkook flinched when the loudly bell rang and directed his gaze towards his teacher, who was collecting all the exams.

He glanced back to the guy in black but frowned when the place the guy was previously at was empty. He realised his teacher was tapping his foot in impatience, waiting for him to handle his exam back, which he quickly did.

He got out of class with a weird feeling in his stomach but decided to push it to the back of his mind. Jungkook frowned when he saw Hoseok walking to him with a slightly blue eye.

"What happened?" Jungkook asked when they wear near enough. "Do you remember that one crazy girl that wouldn't leave me alone?" Hoseok asked, already hinting the dispute. "She did this to you?" Jungkook asked in disbelief.

"I got tired of her following me and I told her to fuck off, politely" Hoseok stated clearly annoyed. "Well, it mustn't have been polite enough, you have a blue eye" Jungkook reasoned. "Yeah, well, she's not gonna disturb me anymore, it was worth it" Jungkook just shook his head.

He arrived at his house and threw himself on the sofa, without giving a damn if he got it dirty, not having taken his shoes off yet.

He closed his eyes for a second, mentally drained, when his mobile phone rang. Jungkook groaned while reaching for it and pressing 'answer' but he stopped midway through.

Unknown number.

"Again?" the ravenette boy mumbled debating on whether he should answer it or not. He still remember the last time this happened and how weird it was, given the fact that the person on the other side never said anything to him.

He didn't even heard breathing. But he decided to give it a try and hopefully this time he would get at least a 'hello'.

He shakily pressed 'answer' and brought the device to his ear. "Yes?" He said. Not a word. "Uh... Hello? Can you hear me?" Jungkook tried again.

But the other side of the line was silent. He felt uncomfortable. He knew the call happened in purpose because this wasn't the first time. He knew he was talking alone but he also knew that there was someone, someone was listening to him, because the call was still running.

"I-I think you got the wrong number" Jungkook stuttered, he was getting chills from this call. Nothing. No breathing. No words. Just silence. "Are you... there?" Jungkook asked losing hope.

Jungkook sighed and hung up, finishing the call. He lay down rethinking about it for a few minutes.

He decided to try something although he did know that it was kind of desperate and useless, but he decided to give it a try, he got nothing to lose after all.

Jungkook:
Hey, do you have someone in your contacts with the number *****5348?

Hobi:
Uh? Why??

Jungkook:
Can you check it? Please?

Hobi:
Gimme a sec.

Jungkook:
K.

Jungkook waited several minutes. Hopefully he would have that contact if the person attended his school. Hoseok knew more people than him and maybe he could find out how this person is. A ding was heard and Jungkook grabbed his found before sighed in disappointment.

Hobi:
Sorry, buddy, no number ending in 5348.

Jungkook:
It's okay, thanks anyways.

  Hobi:
What was that for?

Jungkook:
It's stupid, don't worry. I'll see you tomorrow.

The night came and Jungkook couldn't shrug the thought off. He exhaled getting in bed and turning the lamp off. Everything turned pitch black after that.

-

Author's note

I gotta read a 300 page book (that I have no interest in) while on holidays, just kill me.

Ps: I haven't forgotten about Jin, our broad shouldered baby will appear soon, don't worry.

They look so freaking comfortable in the last photo, I'm crying

Have a good day/night wherever you are. ❤️