-45-

Taehyung stirred, his eyes opening slowly when the throbbing of his head didn't stop. However, he closed them immediately after as the bright light hit him. He winced, a swear muttered under his breath when all he saw were black dots.

A few seconds later he noticed something. His hands. They were tied behind his back, a thick, tight fabric was restraining them from moving. What was happening? Why was he tied?

The boy looked up slowly, squinting his eyes. He waited as patiently as he managed for his eyes to grow accustomed and when they finally did they widened in shock, coming into view with a room he remembered well enough.

Jungkook's living room.

He tried to move, but the rope around his wrists only tightened more and more. It was useless. "What..."

Tiredly, he looked around, in hopes of finding the raven-haired boy he was supposed to meet, but he was alone.

That didn't mean he was the only one in the house though, he knew that when murmurs were heard from the kitchen. Familiar voices. He stiffened when Jungkook came into view, probably having heard the low grunts he was letting out.

"Jungkook?" He asked, completely confused as to why he was bound to a chair. The younger boy's eyes widened, glancing at the kitchen.

"Jungkook?" He tried again, coughing, but the boy had disappeared already.

He was about to scream Jungkook's name when another person left the kitchen. Hoseok, crutches in hands and a piercing look on his face, almost looking enraged, which confused the blond boy even more. Jungkook was trailing behind him, gaze downcast.

"Guys?"

His voice was filled with confusion, with the need of an explication, but the two boys ignored it. "Guys, what-"

The sound of the legs of a chair colliding abruptly with the hard floor shut him up. Hoseok has sat right in front of him. Unlike Jungkook, who was standing a few meters behind them, leaning against the wall and looking everywhere but at the two boys.

"Cut the shit, will you?" Hoseok said, his look hardening by every passing second as he looked, almost disgusted, at the young boy who was trying to ignore the neck pain caused by maintaining the same position for who knows how many time.

"What? I... Look, I came here for the project thing, what the fuck am I doing tied up to a chair?!" Taehyung raised his voice and Jungkook flinched at the tone.

The youngest of the three tried to stay calm, it physically hurt him seeing Taehyung like this. It was the safest and smartest thing to do but still, he couldn't help but feel a pang in his chest. His feelings for the boy were still there, after all.

"Jungkook? What the fuck is going on?"
He demanded but the aforementioned stayed quiet, looking sadly at the floor.

"I'm going to ask this just once." Hoseok inhaled deeply, glaring daggers at the boy in front of him. "Was it you?" His hands took a hold of the discarded bat on the floor.

Jungkook lifted his head slowly, seeing as Taehyung frowned, looking as lost as ever, it made Jungkook's heart race, not from fear but from anticipation.

Taehyung looked... confused, not threatened. He looked completely and utterly disoriented. This was good, wasn't it?

"I was... what?"

"Don't play dumb with us, Kim."

"I'm not- What are you guys talking about? Why-" He stopped, widening his eyes as he realised the bat had blood on it, his blood, judging by the piercing pain coming from the side of his head. "Did you hit me with the fucking bat, you psycho?" He spat.