chapter 53: Wait- Don't Worry

~ • ~

AS MY EYES GENTLY, FLUTTER
Open I find myself jolting forward, gasping for air. It takes me a while but then, it finally hits me.

'Oh yeah. Immortal. Ha.'

I scan my surroundings only to find myself in a large bed. I knit my brows in confusion, shaking my head. I burry my face in my hands, rubbing my eyes.

"She's alive. Well that's good. You scared the shit out of me you know; I thought I was gonna have some kind of lawsuit on my hands." I snap my gaze to the right, to find a familiar set of golden, brown orbs- my gaze wavers from the bed, to the winged-hero sitting next to me in bed.

Shirtless.

My eyes shoot wide, I anxiously back away before throwing my hands over my eyes.

"WHAT THE HELL-?! WHAT IS IT WITH YOU HUMAN MALES AND BEING SHIRTLESS ALL THE DAMN TIME-?!?!"

"Jeez, a thank you, for not ditching you back in the junkyard- would've sufficed."

"I-I didn't need your help-!!!" I snarled through clentched teeth. Now I sounded like Katsuki. I'm so lame.

"Now we both know that's a lie. You weren't breathing- I had to do something....."

'Wow. I guess he really has changed. Then, he is a hero....

Wait a minute.....

I facepalm at his stupid statement. "I'm immortal dipshit--!! I'm not supposed to--"

"Just forget it!! Where even are we-?!"

"HOLY SHIT WHERE'S MY CELLULAR THING-?!"

"Woah there, slow down. You're gonna hurt yourself-" he haults mid-sentence narrowing his eyes at me. He places his hand on my chest- My cheeks flush bright red. I slap his hand away; a growl rippling from my throat.

"What the hell-?! Fucking perv!!! I'll bite your hand off."

"I Don't doubt that for a second, but....you're..."

"You're still not breathing....???" His gaze hardens, evidently anxious. I roll my eyes, "Were you not listening to anything I said before-?! I'm immortal!! Are you really this insolent, or are you mocking me-?!"

He rubs his neck sheepishly. "Sorry. Guess I was a little caught in the moment. I just couldn't believe you were actually talking to me, let alone helping me."

I huff bitterly in annoyance, folding my arms. "So that's what this is about. You know you don't have to help me because you think you owe me-"

"I'm not so sure if I'd call this helping...." I narrow my eyes at that; confusion etched into my features.

"What do you mean??"

He doesn't respond. Instead he turns on the tv. Sensei, was on- next to a man I was unfamiliar with. I've never seen him dressed so formally before. I could sense his sadness, even through the tv screen.

"You spoke of the students safety, eraser-head. During the incident- it appears you urged them to fight."

I shake my head in disbelief, snapping my gaze back onto keigo. "Incident?? What incident??" He sighs at that.

"You were conked out for a while. Almost seventeen hours in total-"

"Wait, why were you counting??"

A faint blush crept over his cheeks. He scratches his head chuckling anxiously, "Counting-?? Pfft, I could care less about when you woke up- the point is, while you were out; the league, attacked UA."