chapter 36: Mental entertainment

~ • ~

I HAD JUST ABOUT A THOUSAND
different reasons I could be happy; all these people were doing all they could just to help me accomplish my dream.

But the Voices. The Darker me.

She wouldn't allow rest, she wouldn't shut up, she wouldn't just leave anything alone. There were so many triggers, so many temptations; turning back and tearing the head from each of their shoulders wasn't exactly an option, but to her- maybe it was.

I kept my hands Clentched on the sides of my head, my bushy tail swishes in a pattern; in sync with my pattering footsteps.

I'd strayed about as far away from civilization, as i could. My feet led me Amongst the hill-top I'd once shown katsuki.

I ball my hands into fists, Bashing my knuckles against my forehead.
"Come On (f/n)!! Get Your shit together- what happened to that bad-bitch act from before?? You were just fine taking on illeagal street Mutants- they're only Voices!!"

They're voices that will be the death of you.

You will never be strong enough to fight Without your darkness

The darkness is your playground, only in the dark will our prey scurry about like wild field mice.

"God Just shut Up!!"

I stare down at my reflection in the Pond. My cheeks were stained in tears, and my naturally (e/c) orbs were shifting from golden yellow to blood red.

gently pressing the tip of my finger against the surface of the water, waves ripple outwards; dispersing into soft Mellow waves, eventually melting back Into its Still state.

The Girl I saw before. She wasn't there anymore. All I could see were my glowing Horns, and my demonic Lycan Features; my fangs seemed to be dripping with blood.

Grotesque images flash through my mind. So many bodies. So much death.

Why do lycans originate from a Cursed tribe??

Known for our violent behavior...

I didn't want to be violent.
I just wanted to be myself.
Hopelessly in love With a grumpy hedgehog; occasionally strong enough to fight villains, but not armies. Not my friends.

Not people I care about.

Their lifeless bodies littered my thoughts. Their blood. God, their blood.

So much blood.

"Get Out Of my God-Damn head!!"

"These are your thoughts."

"N-No They Aren't!!"

"Then you're lying to yourself."

"No I'm Not!!"

"Why must you lie to yourself? You know your father did the same before."

"You Don't know Anything!!"

"I am you."