chapter 26: A crush, a beef jerky stick, and a shit-head

~ • ~

TELLING ME AIZAWA HAD
Arrived really wasnt needed. I could sense His presence from a mile away. There is still A feint thump Rolling around my thoughts, the very Thump That linked me to this world when I faced my father. My true father.

It was the sound Of Katsuki's heartbeat. I'd never Forgotten it. I'd never Stopped focusing on it.
It was like I could still hear it. Like I could sense The emotions That radiated off of each waking thump.

I used the sound of his heartbeat to keep myself, fake breathing. I would force myself to breath in sync with that sound. Had that sound Never imprinted my mind like it had, I don't think I could've brought myself back.

It's true, that I sacrificed my humanity; And for the sake Of A meaningless, earthly life nonetheless.

But this life,

It does have meaning.

It doesn't Matter, the way I feel about this life. It doesn't matter if I enjoy it or not. Because this life will always Be there to either haunt me; or to make a promise.

To promise that I will become a hero, and maybe one day I can restore My family's honor, in the living world.

Maybe I really can become an alpha like her.

I followed The Doctor Like a lost puppy Out to the lobby. My heart would probably be raking against my chest right now, if it hadn't stopped. Come to think of it my skin felt strange now too.

I'd bite my knuckles quite frequently in the past, when I'd regained the ability To Roam Around as a human; I wasn't really used to that form. I remember How raw my knuckles Had really gotten, Gnawing on them Like that Really hurt me.

But my skin wasn't bouncy, it wasn't Warm and Soft. It was ice cold, and it Felt like I was made of stone.

Isn't this a vampire thing??

How many times must I explain this to you??

Uhh, I can't really math in case you haven't noticed.

Yes, you're undead like the silly vampires in your human fairytales, but Immortality Is much more complex Than human culture could possibly anticipate.

So I'm like a unicorn or some Fancy shit?

Of all demons, why? Why must I be stuck with A creature as idiotic as you?

I'll take that as a yes.

....

I was Immidiately startled back into reality at the sight of Aizawa.

He looked Really different. Like He'd rushed to throw himself together As soon as he'd gotten the phone-call. His hair was pulled up, and For once He wasn't wearing that pile of Toilet paper around his neck.

I Couldn't really help the tears that fought to escape my eyes. They burned like Crazy, But I was just Really shocked to see him.

I had just died.

And it seems.... so has he?