chapter 4: a breathe of change *

*This chapter is currently under editting. If things don't make sense, I'm sorry! It will be fixed!*

~ • ~

TO SAY I WASN'T WORRIED, would be the biggest freaking understatement of the year. I was terrified. Aizawa Knew it too. He tried reassuring me that no matter what choice I made; I was going to be okay, but deep down I knew, n-nothing would be okay.

My life would shatter. I could just imagine him ditching me to parent some other wolf-girl. Even worse....what if he went and found a cat-girl?! What if he names that cat-girl after me, and ships me across the world for being the worst hero ever--?!?!

I shook my head vigorously; my face tinting dark blue as I laced my claws through my hair. He was the only one around who would be able to watch over me.
He was the only one who could Stop me from hurting myself, or the people around me because of my reckless quirk. I could imagine my life without him, but now it seems every time I try to everything sort of comes out bleak and depressing. W-Why did he h-have to be so F-FREAKING nice to me--?!

Last night I was a little more antsy than usual. I'd instinctively snuck out because I needed to stretch out my paws, and of course Kenai tagged along.
We stopped by the junkyard.

There was a boy there. He was, destroying everything...well at least what I would consider destroying. I hid In the bed of an old broken down truck, peering out at him through the window. I hoped he couldn't see me.

With my size, it's hard to hide.
Fragments of life before the days I spent with Kenai resurface every now and then. I remember being the biggest wolf back at home, my paw prints made it easy for native packs to track us down if we tresspassed. So I'd usually patrol around the inner quarter, my cousins would take the outer. It was the only way we could keep our food from leaving, and the only way others couldn't steal it.

I guess that's why I'd gotten so attatched to the junkyard, maybe I was just homesick, but I befriended some stray dogs. Most of my friends don't usually survive for more than a year though. Aside from Kenai.

He put so much effort into cleaning up the garbage. The same effort I put into living in it like I have. There was a pit in my heart; this was just an emotional night for me. The beaming moon captivated me in a trance, this urge to devote a song to the moon Irked my soul. Kenai aggressively tugs on my ear,

"If he didn't see us before he's definetely gonna notice now!
(F/n), I swear don't pull this shit!!" I give him a teary eyed look. He glares at me, but then pats my chin.

"Come on you big titty baby, lets go steal that hotdog cart." I nod pitifully, and nuzzle him onto my back. With that we dispersed into the night to cause more trouble

~

I NEED A CIGARETTE.
That's the first thing that came to my mind when my eyes gently fluttered open. I woke up sore, I probably shouldn't have ate so many hotdogs last night. I think I swollowed a quarter, or maybe like a bottle cap or something?

Kenai was something else, he always managed to pull out my inner animal. I know what you're thinking. 'You're supposed to be adapting to human life reader, why relapse for hot-dogs?'

I wasn't feeling it last night. Nor am I feeling it now. Don't judge me. Or...yourself...?

Anyways I also sort of woke up In the floor, and by the sight of Kenai using my paw as a blanket, I realised I'd fallen asleep in my natural form. It was going to be a pain in the ass to change back now. I groaned, which sounded more like a whine, as I guiltily pulled my paw away from Kenai. I nudged a pillow under his tiny head as replacement; carefully sliding away.