chapter 12: I don't do shitheads (pt 1) *

~ • ~

MY MORNING STARTED OFF
Like always. With a cigarette.
I layed back on the roof. This technically wasn't sneaking out since I was still on the property. So I decided I'd get up extra early today, and enjoy the sunrise.

My ears flapped, twitching with the blowing wind, as i went over the events of the previous evening in my mind.

~

"WHO THE HELL IS FEN,
and what does he have to do with you--?" Sensei sends me an intimidating glare. I halted quivering in my tracks. I swollow back the lump in my throat, anxiously creaking my gaze Back over to him.

"F-Fen..?" I sputtered, losing myself in my steadily coursing thoughts.

'He's not gonna let me keep this from him.'

I wracked my brain for a response, kicking up bits and pieces of gravel in the ground around with each step.

"Are you going to say something?" He presses. I open my mouth to speak, but all that really comes out is indistinguishable. Was I even speaking Japanese anymore?

"I don't like being kept in the dark (L/n)." He stated in annoyance. Swallowing back the lump in my throat, I force the words out of me. "H-He's...He's my..how did you know-"

"I've been busy." He stated boredly. "You're not answering the question." My breathes hitch. "Well...you see...he's not--"
"Why didn't you tell me about him?" He interjected.

I sigh, "I...I only get fragments of what my life was like before Kenai and I found each other..it was just so traumatic..." I breathed out, fearfully. "I..I was sold to Fen."

He Stopped in his tracks. He narrowed his eyes, slight anger brushing over his features. Why was he getting upset again?

"What." He spoke through clenched teeth. "I-It's a long story-" "I-I'm sort of..uhh..." I trailed off playing with my tail Anxiously. "I'm actually more like a weapon rather than a young hero...like you wanted me to be."
His gaze fell to the ground, I couldn't see his eyes anymore. I only continued speaking.

"I once lived wild and free with a pack in the north. I know it's strange, but that was all my kind ever really knew. Everyone accept my mom at least. My biological father, was absent for most of my life."

"Then I think...I died."

"One day, I sort of just woke up in a basket on someone's doorstep. All my memories were gone; I had no clue who I was or where I was. I just knew that, I was pretty much a puppy."

"I never knew who that man was, but I knew he wasn't my father. That man....he abused me, and forced me to train for something I didn't understand."

"Then he took me to this strange place, and weird humans that wore these big white cloaks. They would pick at me, and jab needles into my body. They put a collar on me, and I was placed in this box those humans called a containment unit. I was in there with other creatures--other lycan, just like me."

"That's where I met Fen. He called himself a scientist."

"With the time I spent in that awful place I succumbed to the thought of being a weapon rather than my natural Labels, hero, villain, Monster, lycan..."