end

the seven other boys were now huddled inside the room.

of course they had to sneak in as they only allowed two visitors in a room each, minho had been scowling at the strictness of it all ("what the fuck is up with this hospital? if they're gonna be this strict, the least they could do is to heal the whole shit out of my bromie.")

everyone had calmed down after checking jeongin and seeing that he was okay, and some were teasing after seeing both hyunjin and jeongin being all lovie dovie the moment they busted inside the room to sneak in. they tried and did their best to lighten up the mood, knowing the news of jeongin being okay as enough to make them happy.

everyone except for leo who had a folded piece of paper hanging from his hands.

chan had tried to comfort leo, despite the older already being calm, he still couldn't help but be a little frantic over what was written inside the paper.

"hyung? what's that?" jeongin asked, noticing leo's strange behavior. he had expected for leo to come and hug him immediately and cry on his shoulders but he only hugged jeongin weakly and went to sit next to chan.

"it's nothing-"

"le? let's let them know, they have the right to know." chan whispered beside leo who tried to deny it. leo only took a sharp inhale, readying himself.

"i-i uh... what's written inside is jeongin's whole condition." the room fell silent when this was announced by leo who was now looking down. of course except for jeongin who was confused.

jeongin awkwardly laughed, "uh.. what about it though?" leo glanced at him, a glint of worry and sadness being a apparent through his eyes.

jeongin now had an unreadable expression on his face, it was blank. "hyung. what about it." the 'question' sounded so much like a command – as if he didn't take no or silence for an answer.

"it's not that concerning but-" leo sighed, pausing his words as he opened the paper from its fold. his hands were prominently shaking so chan placed his on leo's and caressed it just to calm him down.

"hyung, please just- please just tell me." jeongin begged, gulping as he felt another lump on his throat that'd lead him to crying.

more tears. more sobs. more sadness.

hyunjin glanced at him and interwined their fingers, an assuring smile on his lips. "i'm always here." he whispered.

"you'll- you'll need a wheelchair." leo blurted out. the blood from jeongin's face drained out, making him pale. hyunjin could feel the sudden coldness from jeongin's hands as tears started to fill the brim of his eyes. the others quietly gasped, some deeply sighed, and some just burried their faces on their palms.

"b-but- i still have to go to my papa. i have a fucking perfromance at school that i prepared for since it started. i fucking need my legs, hyung!" jeongin sobbed, shame filling the sudden void inside him.

fuck, this sucked.

"p-please tell me you're lying. please.."

lei shook his head. he slowly stood up, sitting beside jeongin on the hospital bed. he cupped the younger's face in his hands as he wiped his tears with his thumb. "it's just for the meantime, okay? it's gonna be fine."

"b-but hyung, i-i had so many plans. you- you know that." jeongin continued on sobbing. leo took jeongin in a warm embrace, kissing the side of jeongin's head to comfort him. "this'll all be fine, okay? it's just for the meantime. we'll all help you get over this."