thirtyone

tw // abuse , manipulation , minor mentions of homophobia

jeongin looked at his reflection on the mirror. hair dripping wet, towel wrapped around his petite waist, hands gripping on the sink, teeth gritting, tears falling.

he shook as he gripped on the sink, knuckles turning white upon his rash actions.

he felt whatever he felt years ago again. seungmin...

"just– leave me alone, jeongin damn it! i don't need you right now.."

hyunjin
but i'm a little tired.

bye.

he knew how he was over reacting. simple correct punctuations and short texts were one thing. he could easily just cope up with such.

but hyunjin, he wasn't indifferent– not the same.

he was everything that jeongin wanted him to be. except for two things,

a friend.

a brother.

he wanted to be special, he didn't want to feel like whatever he felt when he was with seungmin. him and seungmin were forced since the older was 'helping jeongin's finances'. but hell did jeongin care.

if he was supposed to love someone that was way beyond his desire, then he'd rather suffer from poverty.

that's how much he wanted and adored true loves.

hell, he tried to be straight thinking it was his right path, the true him. he thought that he'd only get hurt with being gay. he had that mindset after him and seungmin. because no matter his lack or nonexistence of romantic love for seungmin, he was still hurting.

seungmin was his first friend. the boy was nice and unfiltered. jeongin didn't want his only friend to give him fake concerns, or just fake everything. that's why jeongin adored seungmin as his bestfriend. but at some point, seungmin confessed to jeongin. it wasn't exactly deep, just a little crush that seungmin had developed since jeongin was everything but bad. but for some reason, seungmin's parents found out and misunderstood. they said, "we want to fulfill our son's happiness, and that happiness just happens to be jeongin." seungmin was terrified at that point, he thought that jeongin would want to end their friendship. but jeongin just accepted the offer with a smile. seungmin found bruises on jeongin's skin at times that they didn't hang out but jeongin just reasoned it out. though, seungmin really just didn't like him non platonically as he'd cleared it out that he just had an adoration for jeongin's personality. but as he grew along with his and jeongin's 'relationship', he found that being homosexual wasn't exactly him. and so, he begged jeongin to just break up with him.

but seungmin hadn't realized the decision he'd made.

he only ever saw bruises, wound scars, and cut slits, but never knew the reason for it.

he was scared for jeongin.

he apologized countless times as ties finally connected.

jeongin was abused, manipulated to forcefully date seungmin for financial purposes.

so seungmin decided to let jeongin run away after jeongin's last straw.

the time he'd been rushed to the hospital after losing excessive blood. for being beat till his eyes closed shut.

and seungmin, with massive amounts of money, left along with jeongin as they lived with their close friends.

so jeongin, at this moment, was scared. his situations with seungmin and hyunjin were different, and he knew that.

no matter how much fear he had piled up on him, hyunjin still had the power to crack the wall jeongin tried his hardest to build.

but he was still scared, he wasn't homophobic but-

he was scared of being gay.