we will stay forever

seventy four

all of them were already stuck together. their sights never leaving hyunjin who was in the middle of a trance.

subconscious.

hyunjin was subconscious.

and he was also subconsciously crumbling. crumbling to pieces as the thoughts of jeongin had flashed again.

should he be the one to get in?

a doctor had came out of jeongin's room, with a clipboard in hand. "i am doctor lim, may i ask who the relatives of yang jeongin are?" the doctor called out. they all turned their heads to hyunjin, who only sat unmoving without anyone knowing how to approach him.

leo sighed under his breath. "me," he says. "i'm the one as close as a relative to the patient, doc."

doctor lim nodded as he hummed. "yang jeongin's..?"

"close friend. i'm his close friend, kang leo. he has.. he only has us left." leo utters. he was already getting nervous once again. the calmness that chan helped him develop through time of breathing exercises being long gone once the doctor showed up. and the unreadable expression on the doctor's face didn't help the way that woojin's heart was already gonna fly off of his chest.

the doctor glanced at him with a look, patting leo's back as he walked with leo following him, just to be away from the crowd of teenage boys. 

"well, mister kang leo, yang jeongin was in critical condition but has fortunately survived the accident. though, he did have thirteen large shards of glass pierced on his skin, mainly on his foot as a large truck had hit the taxi. and a few more small shards as the police had said that yang jeongin had sat in the passengers' seat  making his injuries multiply in number. his head also faced a hard hit, so there is also a wound around his forehead area. but during tests, chances of memory loss are very low so there is not much to worry about. the only problem here is that his foot has faced most injuries and the joints on his knees had twisted, it'll most likely result to the usage of a wheelchair." the moment doctor lim had uttered the last sentence, he looked at leo and his reactions. but the young boy only had a blank look on his face, despite the corners of his lips raising up just a bit, his face was mostly blank.

thank God.

doctor lim sighed, "have you kept up with what i just sad, mister kang?"

the slight smile on leo's lips had abruptly disappeared as the color on his face had drained to white. "w-what?"

doctor lim frowned slightly at the reaction. he ripped a piece of paper from his clipboard, folding it into four and giving it to leo. "here. i knew that you and the other acquaintances of jeongin are shaken up so i decided to list down and take note of his conditions just to make sure that all of you will get how he really is. there's also additional information on there like blood donations and all. and oh, you are now allowed to get inside the room, jeongin shall wake up in a few minutes." those were the last words that doctor lim had uttered before patting leo's shoulder and leaving.

"huh."

chan jogged to leo's direction. a worrisome expression painted upon his face. "how is he? is he fine? are you fine?" chan blabbered in between pants from pacing back and forth clashing with his heavy breaths from his nerves.

"he- he's fine." leo's words almost lacked in emotion at first, but the expression on his face opposed his tone. "he's f-fine, chan! he's fine!" leo was now almost howling in happiness, with tears of joy flowing down his cheeks as he jumped on chan and hugged him tightly.