are always together

seventy two

hyunjin was still in daze, subconscious of his surroundings and never speaking. he was almost still shaking, his hands were basically the epitome of 'sweating' and chan could only glance at him a couple times whilst he bit his lip to prevent a word that may come off as rash towards hyunjin.

but once chan did decide to speak with him, hyunjin was startled and he flinched almost as if chan did something so absurd for him to react like that – but hyunjin, just like most of them, was still shaken up, scared of what was to come. "hey, you're still shaking, especially those hands of yours."

hyunjin gulped as he stared at his sweaty hands, raising them up and seeing that they were indeed shaking. he looked at chan with worry, for both themselves and well... jeongin.

hyunjin could see the prominent relaxed facade that chan had developed during the silence of calming himself, a few breathing exercises and a little mind pep-talk and he could say that he was half fine.

but hyunjin – he was a whole different story.

just like what chan had mentioned before, he was still shaking, too scared and shocked to make up a word without having to deal with his tears flowing uncontrollably through his flushed cheeks. his eyes were also bloodshot, red and puffy from trying to endure the pain of sobbing without letting a single sound slip the whole time.

hyunjin was a mess.

and chan was almost terrified as to how hyunjin could be once jeongin wouldn't come out aliv–

ah, chan, these negative thoughts again.

and now, bang chan. a man with a smile serving as a cover for the story of his life. he was always so thoughtful, befriending everyone he could find and continuing on to be better. he never left anybody out and made them feel special, feel needed – and that was all that people needed to know that chan was indeed a good person, a perfect example of a man. but what people never really did know was the fact that chan was never in love, never felt the feeling of infatuation and romance, so when it came to leo, he cherished him, loved him till the world's end. because chan was full of adoration, as leo was his first and he wished to the gods above that he was his last. so when the time came wherein he'd have to go on one knee and offer leo a ring to eternal love, he never hesitated, and everything went downhill. because chan was almost like a butterfly; pretty, carefree, but he was there to guard you, to let you know that you were everything and more. ready to hug you when you needed it.

chan was a beautiful, and kind butterfly. fluttering to your life as a blessing to help you out.

but right now, he was full of unnecessary thoughts, a sign of overthinking. and this was his downfall.

because maybe, just maybe – this downfall would bring worse events.

minho shuffled continuously on the passenger's seat. with his hands shaking as he bit his nails in anxiety, it was safe to say that he was having a panic attack. and jisung, who was also very much scared and nervous, was concerned of the fact that his boyfriend would be having a breakdown.

"sh-shit! why am i crying?!" alas, there came what jisung was most worried to face. minho suddenly flailed his shaking hands everywhere, with seungmin on the back seat experiencing every sense of confusion. but he took the last of his sanity to use to calm minho down, knowing that jisung couldn't as he was driving.

"hyung, calm down. jeongin's fine, alright? let's not overthink for now." seungmin shushed minho down, knowing that the older was only breaking down from the overwhelming situation and he was overthinking.

"i just- i can't help but think that he's suffering out there! that guy is basically a brother figure to me by now and it's- i can't process whatever is happening right now without crying and–" minho's words were suddenly put to a halt once jisung held his shaking hands and giving him a knowing look that 'jeongin is okay, and everything will finally be fine'. and despite he, himself suffering from the dreading feeling of anxiety, he still managed to smile. for minho.

"listen to what seungmin said, precious. overthinking won't make the situation any better, so let's think positively, even if it's hard. even if you're struggling with it, yeah? let's try." jisung said gently with his eyes still fixed on the road. his words were laced with calmness, enough to make minho's cries stop.

han jisung. at first glance, the boy is loud, full of laughs, a humorous type of person. he didn't seem to be the person to get hurt much, because all he ever showed was happiness, a fit of laughter, smiles. because that was jisung, who he truly was. a boy oozing with joy in everything he's done. but he also suffered, he was also hurt, because he, too is a person with fragile feelings. a person who cries, who  doesn't always laugh nor smile, and someone who suffers from uncontrollable anxiety. but he does his best to be better for everyone, even when they don't understand him, even when they can't keep up with what jisung was in the inside. because jisung was the sun, bright, the definition of happiness was within him and he walked with it.

but once he breaks, the moon takes over.

lee minho. the moon. it hid when the sun was there, and he only stared. he gazed at it because it was so bright – and he was almost jealous. because he never did radiate the same amount of light as he did. but he loved the sun with all his might, he loved everyone equally, even if he felt a sense of envy. he struggled to express what he was inside because it only appeared in the dark. the dark. the dark wherein his bestfriends, the ones he loved, couldn't manage the emotions and feelings they've been piling upon themselves. wherein even the sun couldn't light them up. his light was within him and he never lets it go to waste. as it only appears in the darkness, and he uses this light well. because minho is pricky, his attitude was strong and it could be mistaken as mean or ruthless. but minho was just like jisung; misunderstood. almost two-faced, like a split personality. and it had a reason. everything had a reason. and it was to control that someone within them, to let go when it was finally time. but too much control. too much control turns to outburst.

just like now.

both jisung and minho knew that. knew that they struggled with things they knew nothing about. but they grew together.

but today seems like they came back to square one.

seungmin only sighed. the scene of jisung's shaky hands caressing minho's. the older was breathing in and out, heavily. trying his best to calm himself.

lix 🙄

lix, i'm sure you've heard about
the accident. is changbin with you?

jeongin's at busan hospital. leo's
expecting both of you.

i know about it. we're near.

and yes, bin is with me.

stay safe.