you and i

seventy one

hyunjin didn't let chan get out of his car before his feet and hands moved on their own. his fingers gripped and opened the door almost immediately, bolting to the counter where the nurses stood, handling a few people with resentment and stress piling upon their expressions.

"jeongin. yang jeongin. where- where is he? what happened to him? is he- is he okay?" hyunjin asked in a breath, slamming his hands on the counter, making some of the nurses flinch.

"i- well, he was brought to the emergency room and is under observation right now. he was under a car accident and has an alarming amount of injuries that are being taken care of. his results are stil unclear-" the nurse tried to explain calmly, despite being quite frightened by hyunjin and his intimidating aura.

"what room?" chan comes from behind hyunjin, making the nurse feel small. they were both terrifyingly intimidating.

"as of now, sir, he is under observation. but once his observation is done and he is healed, though not completely, room 372 is reserved for mister yang jeongin. please wait and standby, there are benches around the hospital where you can wait. we'll have someone tell you once mister yang jeongin is in stable condition and is already in his room." the nurse explained with a smile that had a tinge sadness for the two. "may i have at least one of you both to fill up some forms?" the nurse followed up politely.

hyunjin was in daze, dizzy, and confused. chan glanced at the boy, worry and fright evident from his glossy eyes. he sighed as he rubbed hyunjin's back gently, gesturing for him to sit on the seats near them.

"i'll sign them."

leo paced back and forth, his calm facade disappearing the moment that he realized what was happening. one by one.

he was so clouded with everything. the fact that hyunjin and jeongin were finally fine, jisung and minho happy as ever, changbin and felix taking slow steps into developing a good relationship between them, and with seungmin finding his passion in photography and pursuing a certain someone he found interset in.

he never acknowledged the fact that this could've happened.

not when everything was shaping itself to be better.

not when chan was finally happy, settled, and certain that everything was piecing their broken parts together.

shit, not even when chan was on a knee and was finally asking woojin to marry him. to be with him. forever. to make him realize that there were never any boundaries when it came to love. not age, gender, and color could stop love.

love...

an everlasting dream he never knew he'd wake up from.

his shaky hands reached to his pocket when he felt a light vibration coming from his phone.

seungmin is calling...

where is he?

busan's central hospital. come.

hm... is hyunjin there?

crap- i haven't kept track of time!
chan is supposed to be with him
right now-

hey, leo hyung, calm down.
jeongin's a strong guy, he won't
even think of leaving us. you
got that?

yes... i-i'm sorry. this is all just so
confusing and i'm scared, seungmin.
i-i can't lose any of you-

hyung, you won't lose any of
us.

seungmin sighed through the line as he prepared his essentials to go and leave to busan's hospital.

how about the proposal hyung?
did- did you say yes?

leo suddenly stopped his pacing, a sense of realization washing over him.

the proposal...

i-i guess i would've it's just that-
it's not the right timing at all. with
all of these happening. the moment
chan went on one knee, i got the news
from a close friend of mine here in busan.

leo cursed under his breath as eveything– every broken happening were striking him like shards of glass embedding his skin, slowly but surely tearing his flesh apart and trickling blood.

but instead of blood, he felt another stream of tears coming by once the tears started to get stuck upon the brim of his eyes.

shit- this is all my fault!
i-i was getting too relaxed
i wasn't being conservative!

hyung- it's not your fault!
it's not your fault that jeongin's
pathetic excuse of a father
decided it was time to die of
alcohol poisoning, and jeongin
has way too much love to give that
he still goes to that guy without any
sense of hesitation. it's not yours
nor is it jeongin's fault. this is all
just a turn of occasions alright? stop
downgrading yourself. you've done
enough.

kim seungmin. he was always nice. a lovable guy who never resisted any chance to pep-talk you out of your pessimism. he had venomous and thorny words ready to impale your pride and your feelings. but he also had such endearing and pretty words up his sleeves to let you know your worth and how good you are. he was a rose, a beautiful white rose. laced with innocense and love. with his thorns he knew how to roar in anger, how to use his words enough to get your heart broken in half. but without the thorns, seungmin was everything good and more. he was a boy of purity and he liked to keep it that way. he oozed with adoration and endearment. a boy with a kind heart who loved so, so much.

kim seungmin is a beautiful white rose.

and leo, along with the others, were thankful that they have seungmin with them.

th-thank you, seungmin. keep safe
with driving.

mhm, hyung. you go, sit, and
calm down alright? i'll be going
now. bye.

–call ended–

and kang leo. a boy playing a rather motherly figure. he was overflowing with love and care. he knew how to take care of his friends that he already considered his family. he knew comfort and took it as a strange speciality he wouldn't give away to people he had no care in. because he knew how much more important love really is, more than people seem to know and take it for granted. but love, leo was love. leo was inlove, is love, and gives love as long as he receives it. but this leo, he wasn't indifferent, but it was also the type of leo to come once in a blue moon. he was almost like glass– fine at rest, but once you tip it over, it breaks. it clashes and it turns into shards of sensitivity and fragility. you could see through him, and all you would ever see is goodness, overflowing with kindness.

kang leo was glass, whole and new.

but now, he was nothing but bits and shards of glass, broken once the chaos of jeongin and his car accident suddenly occurred.