sixty

"we're not gonna go." hyunjin looked up only to see leo and chan.

hyunjin sighed as a sour smile crept up on his face. "i know you're both mad at me, but please let me have this chance. i- i'll make jeongin stop with the courting i promise."

"that'd be a good idea but, it's fine. you shouldn't apologize to us though. knock on the door and kick seungmin out."

"isn't that a little harsh..?"

"do as i say."

hyunjin turned around to face the door, his knuckles having a centimeter distance between the door. but he only stood still, hesistance piling up on him. leo rolled his eyes as he chuckled. he did the work and knocked on the door, turning to smile at hyunjin.

"do as i say, yeah?" leo said as he held chan's hands, waving goodbye towards hyunjin.

"fucking hell, minho. i said, i don't have a fucking condo— o-m-g leave." seungmin had a death glare which had hyunjin to shiver in fear.

"i-i jeongin and- i-"

"no he is n-"

"hyunjin..." jeongin popped out of seungmin's back, seungmin rolled his eyes at how jeongin was so fast to forgive.

"whatever, cry to me when you need to. i'll go film minho and jisung's home videos or something." jeongin and hyunjin had a disgusted look plastered on their faces as seungmin only shrugged as he left.

and when they were the only two left, the tension was so thick– way too thick for their liking.

hyunjin inhaled and exhaled continuously before looking at jeongin's eyes and jumping on him, engulfing him in a hug.

jeongin pouted his lower lip, hugging the other boy back. "i missed this so much."

"i missed you so much." hyunjin confessed through impulse, though he didn't regret even a single bit from it. jeongin smiled with a slight blush, nuzzling his face on hyunjin's neck.

they went in the dorm, sitting on jeongin's bed. hyunjin fiddled with his fingers, unable to identify whatever he wanted to talk about nor did he know how to start.

"i- i'm sorry. for all of this. for the courting shit i made you do, but i didn't even cooperate."

"i'm sorry for being a dick and uh- running away. it was done by impulse but i know that that isn't a valid reason so you have the right to be mad and i-"

"hey, it's fine. i'll continue on courting you, i'll do better, yeah?" jeongin insisted. taking hyunjin's hands in his and carressing them. "and about you running away..."

"... i don't know how i was supposed to feel. should i have been sad cause you just left me hanging, or should i have been happy cause i finally had the weights off of my shoulder and i knew the thruth that you will never like me back. and i seemed desperate that i still agreed with the courting. but i–"

"–i just wanted you. it hurt so much. i distracted myself with minhyun, but all that ever came out of my mouth was you. how pretty you are, how nice you are, how you always make my day just by your presence, and- and it felt useless."

"i don't know if that's how you call it, or something. but whenever we're together, all he ever talks about is some guy that seemingly 'captured his heart' or just some other cheesy shit. and i mean, i don't find anything wrong with that, i think it's cute and all..."

so it was me?

"it has always been you." jeongin muttered, his head hung low at the disappointment of how sensitive he was. "it was you who made me happy. it was you who was always there to talk to me. and it was you who made me identify who i really was." jeongin looked up at hyunjin with a smile, his eyes glossing up.

"it was you who broke the walls i built for years, and i'm glad that you did."