till the end of time

seventy five

the moment the truck had hit the taxi jeongin was in, was the moment that his life had flashed before his eyes.

all he could see was black. the screeching sound of the glasses breaking. the alarms going off. the blood trickling from his pale skin.

the pain was almost nonexistent. as if he was already numb to the pain. like he was already used to it. was it because of his father's countless hits from the past? the endless blood seeping from his wounds? was it equal to the pain caused by his past burdens?

was he even conscious?

jeongin felt like he was in a deep blue sapphire sea. drowning. drowning him senseless, and no one was there to save him. like his breath had been taken away and never to be given back. as if he was in a void. a void wherein only one person could pull him out.

"h-hyun- hyunjin-" were the only words – syllables that jeongin could make up despite his own blood splattered upon him, wounds stinging as shards of sharp glass pierced through his skin.

he couldn't move.

it was really like he was drowning. he couldn't open his eyes cause once he does, it hurts, the saltwater stings so bad. he couldn't breath, drowning, nothing but water. no air, no oxygen. he couldn't even move as if the sea current had forbidden him to do so.

it was so cold — this void. it made him feel a pang in his chest that he couldn't explain. so, so, so cold. it was almost inexplainable. like the life was slowly but surely being ripped from him.

but everything was moving. where he was laid down. he couldn't feel anything but he was sure that every piece of glass embedded on his skin were being taken out. he almost felt strange as he breathed in the awful stench of alcohol and medicine.

then it was calm. like the wind from the surface had calmed down, leaving a soft breeze that didn't push the waves any more harder.

with this calmness, he feels consciousness slowly but surely rising upon his skin. his blood. his everything.

"i love you so much."

warmth.

warmth. it was flowing through his every vains. every fiber of him. every pore of his body. swimming through his bloodstream. filling him with this warmth.

that certain warmth was so familiar. too familiar. the familiarity was almost pulling him out the void. taking his hand, introducing him to air – slowly... slowly... giving him life-

"j-jeongin?" hyunjin was left in a state of shock. jeongin– jeongin was waking up.

"h..hey?" jeongin's voice- it was hoarse. it was showing how tired he was from everything. how everything still tends to fuck him up when all he does is show up cause of his father's death. how everything fucks him up despite showing selflessness and willingness.

life always seems to do that to him.

"aw, you were crying?" jeongin giggled, though it was weak. hyunjin was left dumbfounded. "how could you joke at a time like this?"

"you know, hyunnie, it's good to think of the positive sides of things." jeongin then tightened his grip on hyunjin's hand, but it was almost left unnoticed. because his clutch was weak, and it had hyunjin worried.