Chapter Forty-Three

Start from the beginning

"Oh yeah? What about?" Gohan questions.

"Just some family history. Nothing that interesting," Nate says, waving his hand. Suddenly, he reached out and snatched the duffle from me.

"Last one upstairs changes in the hall!" He dashed for the stairs.

"Hey!" Bulla protested, running after him.

"No fair! Wait up! I have shorter legs!" Mar complained, quickly following. It was true; she got her height from Krillin.

I smirked, glancing quickly at Trunks and Goten before transporting to the upstairs, waiting for the others. I blinked and a my fiance was right there with me.

"How comes Nate waved off Gohan's question like that?" I asked as I heard the others fighting over who got to go up the  staircase first. "And how come this is the first time I've ever heard this story before?"

"He doesn't like to rub it in that he's from royalty. It's not that much of a deal for him, so he doesn't see the need to let other people know. Besides, like he said, it technically doesn't exist anymore. Who would believe him?" Trunks explains, taking my hand and swinging it between us.

"I do. I'm sure Goten, Mar and Gaea do as well. And you and Bulla." I counter.

"Yeah, but we're his friends. We know him and all."

I nod. "True. But he's a likable guy. He has a lot of friends at school. Who cares if they believe him or not?"

"Okay, well think of it like this: its like when we erased everyone's memories of Baby. Sometimes the less people know the better." Just as Trunks was done talking, Gaea, Uub and Mar came running up, screeching to a halt in front of us.

"Whooo! Being short rocks!" Mar laughs, raising her hands for a high five. The kids grin, both of them slapping one of her hands.

"That didn't mean you had to step on our heads!" Goten protested as he, Bulla and Nate caught up with us. My brother rubbed the back of his head gently.

 "Quit whinning about your head, Uncle Goten! Let's change already! I wanna swim!" our niece said, crossing her arms. I chuckled.

"I'm with Pan! Let's swim! The water looks awesome!" Bulla grabbed the bag from Nate, quickly opening it and reaching in, bringing out a red one piece bathing suit. Grinning, she ran to a room to change, leaving the bag  on the floor as she did so.

"Yeah! That's it!" Gaea says, being the next to get her suit. Like Bulla's, it was red, but it had a blue bow on the front. She too disappeared into one of the many rooms.

"Moon, you wanna go next?" Mar asked, gesturing to the bag. Grinning, I went over, picking it up, digging through and finding mine. It was a orange and blue bikini, complete with a whole in the bottoms for my tail.

"I'll meet you all down there," I said as I also picked a room. Closing the door, I quickly change, leaving my clothes in a pile on the bed. I debated taking my necklace off, but decided against it. People wore their engagement rings while swimming, so why couldn't I wear my necklace?

Transporting downstairs, I walked out to where Mom and some of the others were setting up the picnic tables with all the food we brought. Slipping over unnoticed, I grabbed one of the chicken salad sandwiches, taking a bite out of it.

"You have to wait thirty minutes now before getting into the water," Gohan said from behind me. I turned around to see that he was already changed into his purple swim shorts.

"Mmmm. Does it look like I care?" I asked jokingly as I take another bite, smirking.

"But I do! I don't want anything to happen to my darling little sister!" he says, clasping his hands together over his chest. "Which is why I'll be taking this." Suddenly my sandwich was no longer in my hands. Instead, it was in Gohan's. He smirked - just like I had done - as he took a bite.