Chapter 35

A few days before summer break.

There was a knock at my bedroom door.

"Come in." I said while I continued to pack.

"Packing a few days early huh?" My mom said leaning on my door.

"Yep I don't know what I should bring more tights or more shorts." I said sizing the messy pile in front of me.

"Well Mira you're going to be on the beach most of the time so maybe shorts would be a better option." She said I shook my head in agreement.

"But if you want to show off to you know who you should wear this." She walked to the closest and grabbed an outfit. My face heated up and I quickly grabbed it from my mom.

"I.. this.. how?" I could barely get any words out.

"I brought it a few weeks ago when you told me about the beach house. I think it'll look great on you Mira. And I think Troy would like it too." She winked at me. My checks began to heat up again.

"I'll leave you back to your packing sweetie." She smiled before walking out the door. I picked up the outfit and gave it one more look.

"I wonder if he would like it?" I said out loud checking the it out.

"He would I'm telling you he would."

"Mom can you stop!!" I blushed and went back to packing.

...

A few hours passed and it started getting pretty late. But I wasn't sleepy or a little tired maybe a walk would help.

"Hey Mom I'm going to go for a little walk."

"Okay sweetie be careful."

I grabbed my phone and walked outside to began my walk. I walked for a while just thinking to myself. I loved how The cool breeze touched my skin. The Birds chirped as they flew in the sky. The sun was going down to leave stars behind. I closed my eyes and took a deep breath enjoying this relaxing moment. Too bad it was was ruined when someone ran into me.

"I'm so sorry I was looking where I was going." She said her voice sounded so familiar. When I opened my eyes I smiled.

"Emily right?" I said with a bit excitement.

"Yeah and you are?" She asked confused to who I am.

"It's me Mira we meet at the mall a while ago." I said trying to get her to remember.

"Mira I do remember you now." She smiled and we hugged.

"What are you doing here?" I asked her curious to know.

"Just out for a little jog." That's kinda of obvious you're wearing gym clothes.

"I mean why are you here like  California?" I hope I'm not sounding rude.

"Oh I live hear now actually."

"Really that's great, wait do you have any plans for the summer?" I asked and she told me she didn't so I invited her with us to the beach house.

"Are you sure? I don't want to be getting in the way of anything. " She asked concerned.

"Yes I'm sure. I'm sure they wouldn't mind an extra person. Plus I still owe you from back then. So just come relax and have a good time."

"Okay." She smiled we talked for a long time. I gave her the address to the cafe where we would be meeting up and told her when and what time to be there.

"Okay see you then." She said beginning to walk off.

"Wait I forgot to ask you. How are things with you and that one guy? Did everything go good?" I asked by her facial expression I knew the answer before she could speak.

"Umm not at the moment but hopefully things will turn around." She said trying to sound confident.

"Don't worry I'm sure things will be just fine between you too." I said trying to cheer her up.

"I really hope so I've been down here a little while now, and still never got the courage to talk to him."

"Well maybe you just need to find the right words to say to him. Maybe on this trip you can find those words and finally got speak with him." She smiled and nodded her head. We hugged and waved our goodbyes. It seems like her and her friend got into a fight or something. But I'm sure things will work out. Maybe I can find the right words as well. So I can finally tell him how I feel.

....

Today started summer vacation. I meet up with the group at the cafe like we  plan to.

"So everyone ready to go?" Matthew said and everyone yelled yes.

"Wait, isn't your Friend supposed to becoming too?" Troy asked

"Yeah she should be here any minute. You guys well really like her." I smiled  she texted me letting me know she was outside coming in. I went to go meet her.

"I'm glad you made it." I smiled before bringing her in for a hug.

"I'm glad you invited me."

"Come on so I can introduce you to everyone." I grabbed her hand and walked to the back where everyone was.

"Here she is guys go ahead introduce yourself."

"Thanks for bringing me along. It's nice to finally meet you guys I'm." She suddenly just stopped talking. And just had her focus on him.

"Emily."

To be continued