Chapter 9

"McDonald's it is." I said driving to the closest McDonald's.

McDonald's wasn't far from the school. It was just a couple of blocks down. When we reached McDonald's I pulled in the drive thru.

"Welcome to McDonald's how may I help you." The cashier asked.

"What would you like Mira?" I asked.

"Um how about a Mcgriddle a hash brown and orange juice." Mira replied.

"Okay." I said before facing the screen.

"Are you ready with you order?" The cashier asked.

"Yes. Can I have two mcgriddles two hash browns and two orange juices."

"Two mcgriddles two hash browns and two oj's." The cashier said back.

"Yes. That's right." I replied.

"Ten seventy nine first window." The cashier said.

I drove to the first window.

"Ten seventy nine." She said.

Mira took out money for her pocket.

"No Mira it's okay I'll pay." I said taking out my wallet handing the cashier my credit card.

"Are you sure I could help."

"It's okay Mira honestly. And besides I already gave her my credit card." I said showing a small smile.

The cashier gave me back my credit card. I pulled up to the next window grabbed our food then drove off to the school.

"Thanks for all of this." Mira said grabbing her bag as I handed it to her.

"It was no problem Mira honestly." I said focused on the road.

"Okay. So are you ready for tonight?" Mira asked sipping her orange juice.

"Yeah I'm a little nervous though." I said looking at Mira then back at the road.

"There's nothing to be nervous about. We always hang out together mostly on Fridays."

"That sounds cool."

"I have a question." Mira asked I felt her eyes on me.

"Okay go for it." I said waiting for her question.

"Why did you come to school on a Thursday?" Mira asked sounding very curious.

"That's a good question Mira I'll get back with you when I find the answer." I said showing a small smile.

She laughed a little too. The rest of the car ride to school was quick. I pulled in the school and parked.

"Thanks for the ride and breakfast. See you later Troy." Mira said getting out the car and closing the door behind her.

The bell rung and I went to first period and sat by Matthew.

"What's up man ready for tonight?" Mat asked seeming very excited.