Chapter 32

"The plane will be landing in a few minutes so please gather all your belongings." The pilot spoke on the intercom.

My stomach growled I could use a bite to eat. I grabbed my things and left the plane. During the flight I couldn't stop thinking about Chad and Emily. I feel so stupid to think that she could have feelings for me. She's my best friend and more like a sister, but even though I say that I couldn't get this crazy feeling of her off my mind. I walked out of the airport and some commotion took me out of my thoughts.

"Thanks for everything you've just a sweetheart." An older lady said grabbing the younger girl hand.

"It was my pleasure. Now make sure you stay safe when you get back home okay." She spoke kind and lightly.

"I don't want to leave without you." A little girl ran and grabbed her leg.

"It'll be okay, you have to keep your mom some company okay." She  smiled and bent down and wiped her tears.

"O..okay." she snuffle and went with her mom and waved goodbye.

She waved back and watched them leave. When she turned around my eyes widened and her smile faded.

"What?" She said coldly and push pass me.

"Hey, wait what was all that about." I said she stopped and turned around.

"Look I don't need a lecture. Just forget you ever seen it happen." She walked up to me and said. Her face frowned and her eyes seemed angry. Until her stomach growled. She seem a bit embarrassed and tried to walk away again.

"Hey, why don't we grab a bite to eat. I  could use someone to talk to." I waited for an answer.

"No, I'm fine I.." her stomach growled again.

"Fine let's go you're paying though." Her answered sure did change fast.

...

We picked a little diner placed our orders and sat in silence.

"So at the airport you." I tried to say.

"Can we just forget about that please." Her voice raised and I could tell she was getting a bit aggravated.

"Fine." Our waitress came and slipped and wasted our food.

"Are you okay did you hurt anything?" She jumped up and asked. Her voice was worried and concern.

"I'm sorry I'll replace your order as fast as I can I'm really sorry." She said her voice breaking.

"It's okay no rush, your health is more important than our food." Her eyes looked so kind again and her smile was so peaceful.

Our waitress apologized again and thanked her before going to replace our orders, I just stared at her.

"What?" She asked when she spotted me.

"Why aren't you like this at school?" I asked not letting  my eyes off her.

"I- I." She couldn't find any words to say.

"It's fine you don't have to tell me if you don't want to." I smiled and laughed a bit.

"What are you smiling for?" She asked  by her tone clearly annoyed.

"I'm just happy that this is the real you." I smiled a bit bigger.

"The real me?" She spoke softly, her face expression was a bit sad.

"Hey, you should smile more too." I said making her look back at me.

"Smile more? What for?" She asked confused.

"You're really pretty when you smile Alexis." Her checks blushed bright red, and her eyes widen at my words.

"Pretty?"

End of chapter.