Chapter 20

"No it's your Mother her and a gentleman were recently involved in a car crash."

My heart dropped hearing those words come from his mouth.

"Troy I'm sure she's." Matthew begin to say. Before I cut him off .

"Take me to My mother please." I said as my mind raced.

"Yes of course follow me." The officer said walking quickly to his car.

I got into my car and gave Matthew the okay look that he could come along. We followed the police to the hospital. On the way there I tried to not think about anything negative. Matthew tried helping too but it wasn't working . When we got to the hospital I parked and rushed inside. I ran to the front desk.

"Excuse me." I said in bit of a rush.

"how may I help you dear? " the lady behind the desk asked.

"I'm here for my mom." My voice cracked.

"Okay sweetie what's your moms name?" She asked ready to type it in the computer.

"Her name is." I began to say her name before I was cut off by a voice.

"Honey what are you doing here?"

I turned around to see my mother and Bruce. I let out a sigh of relief before rushing towards my mother.

"I thought you were in a accident." I said hugging her tightly.

She hugged me back before we let go.

"I was in a accident but we didn't get hurt. The other driver however wasn't as lucky as us." My mother said wiping her eyes so tears wouldn't fall.

"It's not your fault they ran the light not us." Bruce said grabbing her.

I didn't really like Bruce showing affection to my mother in front of me. But it was very clear that she needed it. I notice Bruce arm was bruised and scratch up.

"What happened to your arm Bruce?" I asked pointing at the scratches.

"He stop my air bag from hitting me. And he tried to stop glass from getting on Me. I tried his best so I wouldn't get hurt." My mom said grabbing his hand.

After a few more minutes of talking mat texted my phone to check on me.

"Honey go spend time with your friends. I'll be okay." My mom said when she notice me texting him back.

"Are you sure mom?" I asked I wasn't going to leave her side unless I knew for a fact she was going to be okay.

"Yes. Honey I'll be fine now go enjoy your day." She smiled and held her arms out for a hug.

"Okay Mom I'll see you when I'll get home I love you so much." I said hugging her tightly. 

I turned to Bruce and he gave me a little smile. I embraced him and a quick hug.

"Thank you for protecting my mother I'm really grateful for that." I said meaning every word I said.

"Anytime. I'm not just here for your mother but I'm here for you too Troy."