Day 77

"Hey baby."

Louis looks over at his ex boyfriend, a breathing reminder of a life he left behind, here in from of him. It used to make him melt with the way Dan was looking at him right now but all Louis feels is disgust and he draws Harry closer to his body as Dan takes a seat next to Niall. He chuckles.

"What's wrong babe? You're not still trying to make Harry believe you actually like him, right?"

Louis just scoffs, rolling his eyes.

"Oh shut up. You're a sick, sick, man. Acting so stupid like this."

"You're acting pretty stupid. Stop pretending and just tell the truth! This is so stupid!"

"Stay out of this Niall! Dan is the one lying. Making up stupid things just to try to get me back."

"Oh i'm making up things? I'm making up years of our relationship? That's funny. Because that day at the café I had you melting in my hands. You tried to tell me about your little boy toy here but you couldn't. And why? Because he meant nothing to you. You were putty in my hands and you knew it. You always loved me, you still do and you can't deny it."

"Daniel! What!? I don't love you anymore! I fucking love Harry, why are you so daft!"

Niall is still smirking at Louis but Daniel's expression is growing more frustrated. He knows what he told Niall and what he made them all believe. But the way Louis was acting was so different and out of character. He wasn't sure he could convince Louis enough or at least not lose his cool. The way he was holding Harry, he way Harry was gazing at Louis- proud but also worried. It made him sick to his stomach. This dumb twink shouldn't get to have Louis! It should be Louis wrapped up in his arms.

"In love?! Louis you barely know the first thing about love! You don't even love yourself! Tell me, how do you know how to love when you can't love yourself at all? Huh? How's that shit possible?!"

Louis takes in a deep breath and closes his eyes. He feels so done with everything. He cannot ever have one good thing in his life for too long. It's exhausting constantly trying to fight for himself and just to let himself be a little happier.

"Daniel, please. I really can't do this. I just am happy. Can't we leave it like this? I don't love you, and since being with Harry I don't think I ever loved you. He makes me feel a way no one has ever before. You don't even come close by comparison. His love is something different, it's real. It's so real and I like that. And yeah he's a little younger but I still believe this is what love should feel like."

Louis sighs, fluttering his eyes open to look at Harry gently, the younger already giving him a sparkling smile while his insides were warm and gushy. Louis leans over, placing the most delicate kiss onto Harry's beautiful lips, to seal their truth. Just once and it was enough to have Harry fall more in love with the man if it was even possible. Daniel scoffs.

"Fuck you, Tomlinson. I put all this fucking work, trying to get you back. Talked this dumb ass into believing me and yet you still can't see what's better for you?"

Niall's ears perk up quickly and he scoffs.

"Wait- what?! So you were lying to me? You aren't dating Louis?!"

Daniel just grumbles to himself, shoving Louis' plate to the side and storming out of the food court like a child. Seeing that was enough for Niall to get the picture, and instantly he was regretful of his decisions. His face began shifting to a deep red and he stood up, ready to apologise. But Harry stopped him.

"Niall- don't. Just go home and think about this. I don't want to hear your apology and I don't think i'm anywhere close to even accepting it."

"But Hazza i'm so s-"

"Goodbye Niall. I'll text you if i'm ever ready to talk about this..."

With that, Harry stands, collecting the trash from the table and going off to toss it into the bin. Louis stands up and shakes off his pants, looking up at Niall sternly.

"If you've ever got problems, deal with it through me directly. Don't bring Harry into unnecessary bullshit, alright? I don't know why you ever thought I didn't have Harry's feelings to consider."

Louis rolls his eyes, walking off towards Harry who was stood by the exiting door with his head hung low. Louis knew this was probably emotionally exhausting for both of them. He didn't deserve this in the slightest.

"You alright baby?"

Their fingers lace together as Harry pushes his face into Louis' chest, letting out a small sob. Instantly Louis wraps his arms around his boyfriend, shielding him from the outside. His heart breaks, hearing him crying. He gently rubs his hand up and down his back and sighs out.

"If I could I would take all this pain away. I never wanted Daniel a part of any of this and I know he said things that must have hurt you but I know you're stronger than him and you will come out of this better than he will."

Harry just sobs harder, his free hand coming up to grip Louis' shirt while the other tightens its grip on Louis' hand.

"It's just- Niall of all people. I thought he was my best friend. I thought he was almost everything to me. Hearing him say what he said and believing it. i just don't think I will ever understand it. Why he wanted to hurt me..."

"Because he loves you."

"What?"

"Baby, he only did all of this because he loves you. You are his best friend too and he cares so much for you. Yeah, he went about it wrong but in his heart he was trying to protect you."

Harry's sobbing stifles down into low sniffles but his face stays buried against Louis and his words stay muffled.

"It hurts."

"I know. It's gonna hurt for a while. But we will come out stronger. You will come out stronger. I know it."

Harry chuckles wetly, sniffles coming from him as he pulls away from Louis' shirt. He wraps his arms around Louis' neck, cracking the smallest smile. Louis moves to wipe away any wetness from his face before grabbing his face and attacking it with small gentle kisses, speaking one word between each kiss.

"I... Love... You... So... Fucking... Much... You... Are... So... Strong... And... My... Baby..."

Harry lets a giggle escape his lips before he pushes Louis off of him playfully.

"Let's go home. I don't wanna cry again. I just want you to hold me and cuddle me. Yeah?"

Louis nods, beaming as he takes Harry's hand and begins to lead him back to the exit they entered the mall from and out to the car.

-smolinson_x