Black Friday

Rosemary

It was early rising for psycho shopping, and she may or may not have had a shopping list... But that was irrelevant. She got ready in a hurry and when Seth and his mom got to her house to pick her up, she was ready - almost.

"Hi," she greeted Seth. "I'll be back in like two minutes but I have to brush my teeth because well, humans and outside."

"That's okay, I'll just play with your dog," he told her.

She ran to do that, and then they headed out. Stepping into the backseat, she smiled at his mom. "Hey, Mom."

"Hi, Rosemary, how are you?"

"Good, and you?"

"I'm doing well. Once we get Juliet, I'm going to take you three to breakfast at the Novi Coney Island."

"Okay. I have some extra money, so-"

"No, it's fine, I'll pay for this," she informed her.

Rosemary shifted awkwardly as they drove on. "Like mother, like son," she noted, as neither of them were keen on forcing her to pay for food.

"My mom brought me up right," he laughed.

When they got to Juliet's house, she came out looking like a deer caught in headlights. "Guys, I had no idea you were coming so freaking early, oh my god. Okay, yeah, so anyways. I just got ready in like, five minutes, I haven't showered, I'm probably gross, and yeah."

"Dude, it's Black Friday, 12 Oaks will be a judgment free zone, I promise. Remember, people were camping out at stores last night. At least we aren't them," Rosemary pointed out.

"Fair enough," Juliet agreed.

And anyways, what did it matter? She looked good still, which Rosemary swore was some sort of superpower of hers. Juliet was one of those people who managed to look good no matter what she was wearing or how much effort she put into her appearance. She was just stunning.

They got to the restaurant and sat down, Rosemary next to Juliet.

"What should I get?" Juliet asked.

"Breakfast," Rosemary replied sarcastically.

"No, really? What should I get for breakfast?"

"Food."

They looked up at Seth who was fangirling and saying something to his mom quietly. Rosemary caught a few things, and it sounded like, ". . . Ship them so much . . . gay . . . Rosemary totally does . . . They used to be . . . But now she's dating . . . So cute . . ."

"Something to share with the class, Seth?" Rosemary raised an eyebrow.

"Nope." He smirked at them knowingly.

"Don't listen to him, Mom, he's just like every other delusional fan girl who believes that we're destined for each other or some shit," she laughed. "Right, Juliet?"

"Yup, everyone's delusional."

"Hey, guys, ready to order?" asked their waiter.

They ordered and ate, then headed to the mall.

****

"So, here's the plan. I'm dropping you guys off here, then I'll be back at about one to take Seth to work, then at like, three, we'll be back here, and then at five I can drive you girls back home, okay?"

"Alright, thank you!"

The three of them got out of the car and headed into the mall through the Kohl's entrance.