Sulking

Rosemary

"Oh my gods! You broke up??? Tell me everything! -AO"

"Andrea, there's not much to tell. This was a long time coming. I don't know what I want, it sort of threw me off. -RM"

"Yeah, I get that. Should I make a report?"

Rosemary smiled at that text. It was their solution to everything.

"Yeah, what the hell. Put it in a report. :) -RM"

****

~~Sanjana Saha [SS] has begun messaging you ~~

SS: Hi, Rose... it's been a while, I know. Jocelyn told me some stuff that's been going on for you though? I'm sorry to hear that you've been depressed. I guess you're such a strong person, I never expected that. I struggle with depression, too. It's inspiring to know that even the strongest people break sometimes.

RV: Oh, um, yeah. I didn't realize you saw me like that.

SS: I'm pretty sure most people do.

RV: Thanks.

SS: But, I also heard about you and Seth.

RV: Oh no, Sanjana, I completely forgot.

SS: Forget it, okay? As long as you're happy.

Rosemary had completely forgotten that Sanjana liked Seth the cool one.

****

She hadn't slept since Thursday, when David had left her. It wasn't that she was sad, exactly. She was basically the opposite. Well, she was angry at him, sort of. He was as much a liar as she was. And she just knew there was more to the breakup than he was saying. If it was because of Juliet, then say it, dammit

!Nathan had invited her to a conversation with Juliet on kik that Sunday, and she was nervous, to say the very least. She wanted to break it off with Seth right then and there, but she knew she couldn't. It felt like her responsibility to fix what Jennifer had done to him. Of course, it wasn't, but that was how she saw it. Speaking of Jen, she'd just learned that she wasn't coming back to Novi. Lovely.

Looking outside before clicking on the chat, she saw rain pouring down.

It hurt. It finally hurt.

David had promised to kiss her in the rain, and then he left her before he could. He promised not to hurt her, and yet he did. He promised not to let Aadarsh get her, but he did. He promised he loved her, but he did not.

Something more was going on, though. She knew him too well.

She told Nathan about Seth, praying Juliet wouldn't hate her. Nathan was jealous, no surprise. But Juliet...When she came on, it was late. Rosemary thought she might cry, but she didn't. She really... couldn't. It was like her feelings were broken after David left her, instead of her heart.

Juliet let her have it. Everything she said to make her jealous, it succeeded, and painfully so. She wanted to make her guilty about that, and tell her what she'd almost done, but she couldn't. If Juliet knew how close she'd been to death just five days ago... No. She couldn't know.

****

Rosemary still couldn't sleep. She read Harry Potter, she talked to Jocelyn, and then Jocelyn introduced her to her friend Alec. His kik name was the same as Dave Strider's chum handle in Homestuck, which she thought was pretty cool. Anything relating to Dave was cool.