Love is Blind

Rosemary

She poured herself cereal. It was chocolate with marshmallows, which she didn't really like, but it was all there was. It was eight. No one was awake, or else, they were at work. She hated it here. She always felt so alone.

Glancing at her tablet, she saw Aadarsh had responded to her message (someone, finally!).

AA: Hey, Rosey. I have to get ready for the day at science camp, but wanted to make sure to answer you. How are you doing?

RV: I'm bored. No one else is awake.

AA: Lol, sorry to hear. Or, read, I should say. How are things going with David? Have you decided to... you know...

Rosemary ignored the last message. Everyone wanted to know if she was going to kiss David. A step forward in their otherwise consistently stationary relationship. Right. Well, it was either move forward or jump out of the vehicle (which isn't too unsafe when it's going nowhere...).

The other day, she'd confessed to Seth the annoying one that she was seriously considering doing so, but that didn't make it finite or written in stone. Anything could change in the weeks before she went back home. Anything.

"Hey, beautiful. -DH"

"Hi, David, whats up? -RM"

He had to really be bored in order to text her during summer school...

"I was talking to Seth the other day... -DH"

"And...? -RM"

She really didn't have the patience for his intense over usage of ellipses. It was like every damn thing he said had to end with a flipping "...". Like, is every sentence you say actually incomplete or trailing off? No? Then stop treating it like that.

"He showed me what you wrote... -DH"

He did WHAT?! Rosemary felt herself growing red with embarrassment, and hot with anger. She trusted that little twat, how dare he!! Of everything he could've done. Maybe he was trying to help, or maybe he was trying to screw her over.

"And? -RM"

x And nothing. I saw it. -DH

"Oh, okay then. -RM"

"-_- -DH"

"Wtf? Are we really doing this right now? U say something, I answer and then u get pissed at me? Seriously? -RM"

"I have to go... bye. -DH"

She just snapped at her boyfriend. She. Just. Snapped. At. David. Since when did she do that kind of thing? Try since never? Well, once. He'd made Sidney cry once, back when she liked her, and she was pissed. She let him have it harder than she would have given most people. How dare he make her cry? But what did he do, exactly, this time...? Overuse ellipsis? Send an annoyed face for no reason? Well, yeah.

She wrote a fan fiction that they kissed in the rain, and showed it to Jocelyn, Vrishin, and Seth the annoying one. It was a small and simple fluff, and Jocelyn thought it was really cute, but showing the guys was not exactly her wisest hour.

The Previous Day

SL: Come on, Rosey, don't be shyyyyy ;) Show us your little fan fiction...

RV: I don't want to.

VP: Just show us..... Please?

RV: Ugh. Hold on.

She looked at the document on her tablet. Did she really want to show it to anyone? It wasn't technically about herself and David, just a kind of cute one shot. But if it could look like it was about her and David... Everyone knew she loved to write fan fiction, so this shouldn't have been too unbelievable... Right? Besides, Vrishin said please, and she had such a soft spot for him.