Without Jules!

Rosemary

Coming home from school, she slammed her door shut.

Her phone was vibrating like a cartoon character undergoing severe electrocution, so she picked it up to see who was calling. Times like these made her wish her phone had a silent since the sound on her phone came unexpectedly and gave her panic attacks. The caller was Juliet.

"Hey Juliet!"

"Hi, Rosey, so are you dead yet?"

"Yeah, obviously. I've been without you for an entire week! School was hell, lunch was boring. Hey, are you free the Friday into Saturday of Memorial Day weekend? If so, I'ma have my birthday party then because last week was Cedar Point and this week you're in FLORIDA (bitch), so does that work?"

"You changed your birthday party for me?"

Rosemary shrugged and said, "Well yeah, of course I did . . ."

"Awe!!!! Best friend!" Rosemary could feel the face squishing that was verbally occurring.

Rosemary flopped down on her mother's bed, trying to keep her voice quiet in case she accidentally said something gay. "So, can you come?"

"Yeah! Okay, so they kept getting me Doctor Who things, and I really just wanted to go to the Japan, because I saw Hetalia stuff, and they're like, oh Juliet, look at all this geeky Doctor Who stuff, and I'm like, Grandma I just want to go over here where the anime shit is!! But noo, I could not do that."

"Was there Germany/Italy stuff?"

"No, I mean separately but. Now I have this sweater, right? And it's too light to wear in the winter, but I can't wear it any other time because then it's too heavy!"

Rosemary laughed. "You need to come home, Juliet, I miss you."

"I know. You're basically dying, Rose."

"I am, Juliet!! It's all because I don't know how to function without you anymore. After we met, you became a part of me. You're my best friend, and life is just... dull without you!" Rosemary exclaimed in exasperation.  

"I'll be home in a few days, okay? Oh, shit, my mom's coming up, alright, I've got to go!! Bye!"

She hung up the phone, and Rosemary sighed. Glancing at her phone, she saw Aadarsh trying to pester her. Go away, kid. I'm not in love with you, I won't date you, and I hate your stupid little friend.

David knew about everything that was going on, and he seemed to be making an effort to talk to her, and she really appreciated it. Well, at least, she would have, if it wasn't always about Aadarsh What were they supposed to talk about when the problem went away? What if Rosemary lost her cool and snapped at him for everything that had been wrong for the past five months? He was her friend, she didn't want him to hate her because she got pissed because they no longer had something they were being forced to overcome together.

Rosemary could always just dump David, of course, but where would be the fun in that? He'd be heart broken like so many other times, and she would hate herself. The point was to show him that not all girls do that to guys. Of course, he would have to be the one to break up with her, so he would probably also learn why all the girls who dumped him lied.

****

She sighed at her locker, feeling lonely without Juliet there with her. This entire week was going to suck.

"Hey!" She turned around to see Andrea approaching her, and pulled herself together. It was impossible to be sad around her. Along with Sidney and Alexis, Andrea was one of Rosemary's first friends in Novi, but she never had some crazy crush on her, nor did she have any reason to hate her.