Secrets

Juliet

RV: I ship JewlRose even harder now that it's canon.

AP: Awe, we're canon?

RV: Well, what else would we be?

Juliet didn't know. She loved Rosey. With every last inch of her, she loved her. Never did she dare to voice it, though. Not to Kaitlyn, not to Rosemary, not anyone. That would only make the situation that much harder. She would choose David, and Juliet would be a fool to hope for anymore. Still, this was only today's conversation. Just the day before, it was more like...

RV: I'm going to kiss David.

AP: Oh?

RV: Yeah. Like. In the rain. Wouldn't that be cute? Kissing in the rain?

AP: Yeah. It would be.

One of the "hetero" streaks. Rosey would pretend they had never happened and carry on talking about David, per the usual. Then on the other days, it was like they were the only people in either of their worlds. Juliet never knew what side she was going to get, and it was stressful. She almost didn't even know which she preferred.

"I feel like the two sides of her aren't even the same person," she explained to Kaitlyn. "Does that make me sound crazy? I don't know. It's like there's Rose, David's girlfriend, and Rosemary, my girlfriend, and they're occupying the same space and having regular bitch fights over who gets to permanently exist and it just makes her come off like she's a totally mercurial personality."

"She probably feels that way too," Kaitlyn pointed out. "If she's never the same between each day, chances are that she's having an intense internal conflict. I'm not sure there's much she can do about it, you know? Her heart is telling her to be with you, but her mind is making sure she knows that David is going to get hurt, so every day she's not going to know which she's choosing."

"Well, something's got to give. Someone's got to make a decision."

****

"Fuck it. I want a Slurpee," she decided (as one does?). Usually, she wouldn't be able to act on impulse, but her grandparents were home, so her sisters were taken care of.

She walked out of her house, letting her feet take her on the oh so very familiar path leading to the gas station. This walk was what her summers were made of. If she wouldn't get hit by a car or something, she could probably make it blindfolded. If anything, she had found true love in the back of the gas station. Slurpees were the best.

Pulling out her phone, she debated who to call... Rosey. Yeah. They hadn't spoke on the phone in a while. She clicked on her contact, and it rang only twice before it was picked up.

"Hello?" It was so good to hear her voice... How long had she been gone for, now?

"Hey, love. I'm walking to get a Slurpee, so I called you."

"Do you just do that? Call people while you walk?" A little over three weeks, that's right. Juliet couldn't stand this for five more.

"Yes." She gave the word a flirtatious hint.

"Yes," Rosemary flirted back. "Not too much though, siblings..."

"I think that this is the perfect time for this, though. You're too beautiful for me to resist this opportunity..."

Her voice much lower, she answered, "Not that I'm arguing with this... but it would really be ill advised at the time..."

Juliet wanted to make her flustered, keep pushing it until she was a stammering mess and she could hear her blushing all the way across Lake Michigan, but she contained herself. There was no need to shove Rosemary out of the closet at her family.