The Stupid Blond Kid

Juliet

She had been worrying about Derek all day. The dumb ass tried to kill himself, and then came overdosed to school! Now he was in the hospital, and Kaitlyn was flipping her shit about it, and Juliet was starting to freak as well. Then there was what Alexis had told her...

Rosemary didn't need to know that yet. She was just getting over... no. If she knew about this, her emotions would totally overload. Juliet loved her and all, but she knew that she could be very much over emotional, and this would not sit lightly. There was way too much that was all happening.

Her phone rang - Rosey was calling. "Hello?"

"Hey! So, are we getting a ride to the game or what?"

"Well..." Juliet muttered. "Actually, I was thinking we could just walk? Kaitlyn doesn't want to go anymore, so we don't really have a ride anymore."

"Walk?" Rosemary exclaimed. "Dude, you know me, I'll get lost! Can we plan a meeting place or something?"

"Um, sure..." Thinking, thinking... Oh! "What if we meet at the gas station. It's literally right down the street from your neighborhood. I can get a slushy and then we can walk together to the high school. Okay? It's a straight line, you can't mess it up."

"Um... Okay... Straight shot? Are you sure?"

"Yes. You will be fine. Text me when you're at the edge of your neighborhood so that I know to leave my house. Okay?"

"Yes, yes, okay, fine."

"It'll work out, okay?"

"Okay. Bye."

"Bye."

Rosemary sounded nervous about something... Oh well. Juliet figured she'd tell her later.

"Kaitlyn?" She had called her, just to double check the plans.

"What's up, Juliet?"

"Me and Rosey will be there after the game, okay? Tell your dad not to worry. We'll walk there. It's not that far from the school, anyways."

"Okay, cool. See you then!"

"See you then!"

"I am exiting the neighborhood. -RM"

She grabbed her bag and walked out of the house. On the walk, she kept getting texts from Rosemary, double checking she was really going the right way. Juliet rolled her eyes and put the phone in her pocket, ignoring it. Rosemary would get there, she just needed to calm down.

They met up at the gas station, and Rosemary looked so proud that she found it. Oh my gods, it was literally a straight shot. I'd be more impressed if you actually got lost, honestly.

"Do you want anything to eat?" she asked her friend before checking out.

"Ooh! Salt and vinegar Pringles?" Rosey requested.

"Yes! Okay, let's do it. I love those." Juliet grabbed them off the shelf and walked to the register. "You cannot let me eat all of these, Rosey."

"Alright, I won't," she promised.

"No, you don't understand. I will fucking eat every last Pringle. You have to make sure I don't if you want any."

"Okay," she said again. "I like Pringles, I wouldn't let you finish this shit off. Let's go, now."

The walk to school wasn't that long, but it sort of felt that long.

"We're meeting Caleb there, right?" Juliet remembered suddenly.