Guilt

Note: This chapter includes some very touchy subjects for some readers, including depression, self harm, and suicide. As the author, I must state I do not advise or encourage any form of self harm, and as a person who has experienced depression, just know that my profile is always a click away if you ever need to talk to someone for anything. Really. Anything. Also, sorry that this chapter is going to be kinda depressing...
-Liz

Rosemary

Juliet would not get home for another five days. Half way through, and Rosemary was slowly dying. She hated herself. Why was she doing this? Cheating on David? It wasn't fair to him. It had to stop. It was a lie. He was a lie. Maybe nothing in anything was really honest anymore. She didn't know. Her nails were constantly digging into her skin, but as she broke down, she began to type out notes for everyone. She couldn't tell people that she was cutting again, they would only worry... Especially after the previous year...

Last Summer

She and Nathan had broken up for the second time, and she knew. David thought she was in love with him, and Ethan thought she was a lying, cheating bitch. None of the above were true. Well, maybe she was a liar. Sitting on the floor, she wondered where scissors were. All that she wanted was to feel her own relief of breaking her skin. She knew that she shouldn't... but she felt like it was the only pain she could control.

"David... I'm so sorry. -RM"

It was supposed to be the end. A simple apology to mark her goodbye. But it didn't. In a matter of moments, she got a similar text from Alexis. Sure, she was worried, but she had to find her own way. She grabbed her phone and ran to the kitchen, searching the drawers. What was she going to...

At the moment that she started for the sharpest knife there, a text buzzed onto her phone.

"Rosemary, please don't. U can't. -DH"

"Why not? Who will miss me, David??? -RM"

"I will! Ur my best friend, how can I go on without u? -DH"

"U still have Seth, dont u? Ive talked to him, he seems great, u dont need me. Ur just saying that, anyways. U feel responsible for this. Well guess fucking what? U arent! -RM"

"It's practically my fault, tho. I didnt tell u or Alexis the truth. -DH"

He had told Alexis he only liked Rosemary as a friend. But she didn't care. She wanted to die. Rid the world of one more faggot. How bad would that be? She was falling in love with Juliet and she couldn't stop... Juliet would probably hate her if she ever knew...

"Rosemary, I should have told u. -DH"

"TOLD ME WHAT? -RM"

"U are so beautiful, u know that? And u are kind, one of the most helpful people I've ever met, so caring, and amazing. U are clumsy but that is so cute, and I wish I'd told u that me and Kara broke up because now I have made a really shitty mistake but Rosey I am in love with u. -DH"

Rosemary froze. What did he mean that he and Kara broke up? She set them up! They'd been together for only a couple weeks!

"U what? What? David wtf, Im sorry but I dont believe u. -RM"

"Rosey! Come on, dont do this, dont kill urself, I cant go without u, okay? I. Love. You. -DH"

She put the knife away, but it wasn't but two minutes later she found out about Mahati. Right. He loved her. Of course he did, that's why he was dating some other girl. She was pissed. At least she wasn't depressed anymore, but she felt betrayed. Love wasn't just a word to throw around. She did love him. Maybe not in the way he thought, but she did. And he didn't get it. She was only alive because he was quick enough to lie to her.