An Interesting Little Twist

Juliet

She couldn't believe it. Rosemary was dating Seth the cool one. Where did that even come from? Never once had she...

"Do you think he likes me?" Her birthday dinner. Oh god.

"I don't know... Do you think he'd go all Aadarsh on you if he did, though?" And she didn't even think that maybe...

AP: WHAT THE HELL!

RV: Juliet, what's wrong?

AP: No! Don't do that! Don't ask what's wrong, because you KNOW. You know exactly why I'm pissed, don't you even dare!

RV: I... I can explain...

AP: I don't give a fuck, Rosemary Montague! I feel so played!

RV: I'm so sorry...

AP: No! Don't. Just don't. First, you date David, all while this who the fuck even knows went on between us. Then what? What is this? You're dating a guy you have never even mentioned liking! I feel so played, Rosemary.

RV: You should. I'm sorry. Oh, god. I'm sorry. I know. You have every right to hate me. It was all me, anyways. I did this to you. I cheated on David. Not you. This was all me. You should hate me.

AP: Stop! You know as fucking well as I do that I don't hate you! God. But I really want to make you jealous right now, honestly.

RV: Do what you need, okay? I can take it.

Oh for fuck's sake. The point wasn't for her to take it. The point was for her to be jealous. The point was for her to care right now!

AP: I dated Alexis.

RV: I know, Juliet, I'm not fucking stupid.

Well isn't that a new perspective.

AP: And there were so many hot girls at camp who talked to me.

RV: Oh?

AP: Yeah! There was this girl who taught me how to dance, and so the whole week, there was a hot Canadian wrapping her arms around my waist and calling me beautiful and dancing with me.

RV: Uh-huh...

AP: And there was this lesbian who would run her nails up and down my arms in choir to give me chills.

RV: Okay...

AP: And I got this girl's number, and she's really hot. Hell, we became pretty fucking close in camp, too.

RV: OKAY!! I give.

AP: Good!

She didn't feel satisfied. She was so angry. What a fucking little... God! She couldn't even get properly upset. She was so hurt. Juliet loved her so much, gave her so much, and she just got tossed to the side like the last fucking resort. After Seth it would be the next guy, and the guy after him, so on and so forth. But when was it going to be Juliet? When guys stopped throwing themselves at Rosemary? As if. It wasn't going to happen, and Juliet was so hurt.

She was crying, which she had no intention of telling anyone. Except maybe Kaitlyn. And maybe not until tomorrow.

****

"I really didn't think that she was going to do that," Kaitlyn whispered, in nearly as much shock as Juliet had been. "That was a really shitty move..."

"No," Juliet snapped defensively. "I mean, yeah. But it was her decision, right? As long as she's happy, right?"

At first, it was like she had no flaws, she was perfect to me.