Utopia

Rosemary

Waking up with Juliet in her arms was the best thing in the world to Rosemary, and she wanted to stay there forever. But with morning came getting up, so she sat up with a sigh. Vincent's notification light blinked blue, indicating that she'd received a text message. She reached for the phone and unlocked it, seeing that it was from Amilia.

"Hi Ami! The date was amazing, we went to dinner then a movie then back to my place. What's going on with Jacob? Have you talked to Lisa/Leo? I think she'd understand. Try to not worry so much about it. I mean, if they are how you say they are, it's not going to last. -RM"

"Rose, you know that I WANT to do that, but whenever I try, she doesn't see why it's a problem. But the problem is I think he likes me too. Whatever. More on the date! -AG"

"I mean, that's really it! We took our traditional 2 a.m. walk and froze our asses off, but it was absolutely amazing, regardless. We slept close together, she lay in my arms all night... It was exactly what I'd been wanting since I was twelve, you know? Like, god, almost two years, but it's finally happening. Sometimes, when you love someone a lot, they're worth the wait! *unsubtle wink* ^u^ -RM"

"I guess you're right, except I don't see any sleepovers in my future with Jacob, haha. But, I get your unsubtle point. I'm really happy for you guys, though. You're like the Ely and Lauren of your town, I swear! Just that level of perfection. -AG"

"Well, that's pretty cool. Just have patience, dear Ami. Juliet's waking up, call you later? -RM"

"Sure! Love you, internet sis. -AG"

"Love you more! Bye! -RM"

"Good morning," came Juliet's sleepy voice, a drowsy smile on her face. "Did you sleep okay?"

"I slept perfectly," Rosemary replied. "But my favorite part was waking up next to you."

****

On Monday morning, Rosemary ran into Seth and David in the hallway, holding hands adorably as ever. "Ew, relationships," she said childishly, putting an arm around each of them. "I'm so glad my favorite exes found love with each other."

"What about Nathan?" Seth pointed out. "Or the other Seth?"

She shushed him before looking around. "I have too many exes, I get it, I'm just trying to be happy for you, let me live my life."

David laughed at that. "But we lasted the longest, which makes us special."

"True," Rosemary agreed. "Not to mention, proves that you're perfect for one another. We should double date!"

"Why?" Seth asked. "I mean, we never even single dated before, Rose."

"Yes, but in case you've forgotten, I am a homosexual," she reminded him with a completely straight face. "If we went on dates, that would've been so weird for me, and in effect, you."

"I think I'd rather go on a just us date before a double date," David admitted. "But afterwards, that sounds like a lot of fun! What could we do?"

"Shit around at the mall, probably. Or go ice skating! I suck at ice skating, but it could be fun. Oh!" Glancing at the clock on the wall, she realized first hour was about to start. "Seth! We're going to be late to bio!"

"I'll see you, David," Seth said, hugging his boyfriend. "Come on, Rose."

"We don't even have anything left to do in biology. Like, we review. That's it. Do your friends even know we broke up yet?"