Panic

Juliet

It was possible that things could go back to normal. Like they'd never said they had those feelings for each other... Right? It didn't have to end in this awkward mess of not being able to speak to each other unless it was in that flirtatious manner that was so hard to avoid. It wasn't like knowing that they felt the same way about each other and were practically meant to be was going to create this awkwardly unstoppable attraction between them that would complicate and change everything, right?

But Juliet knew that Rosemary wasn't going to do it. She wasn't going to leave David unless someone told her it would be best. That girl didn't know how to act without being pointed in a direction, and until that were to happen, she just stayed in the same place, trying to pretend like nothing had to change, now or ever. Of course, Juliet was supposed to be that person. She was the one who was supposed to tell her that she needed to leave David. But did she?

AP: Bro. Look at this actress.

RV: Dayum. She's pretty.

AP: And British.

RV: Well, that explains it. Britain is where all the pretty people are hiding. Well, except maybe... Scarlett Johansson. Point for America.

AP: Alex Kingston. Point for Britain.

RV: She's really pretty. Like. Yeah. Okay, um... Jennifer Aniston.

AP: You should count as a point for Britain.

RV: I'm not actually British.

AP: Don't care.

RV: Then you're a point for America.

RV: You know, I've kind of been wondering. If you're gay, then what about all those guy actors we fangirled over last year?

AP: I am not attracted to guys, but I at least know what attractive is supposed to look like on a guy. You know?

RV: Oh, okay. Yeah. Like Benedict Cumberbatch?

AP: I guess, but honestly, he's kind of meh.

RV: Meh?? He was like... your sole obsession in the beginning of eighth grade. And his eyes are perfect.

AP: I don't know. I guess.

RV: Okay.

AP: Yeah.

RV: Yes.

AP: Yes.

It was a thing that just sort of happened between them. The cat was out of the bag, Schrodinger's box was opened and the cat was very, very much alive. But for the people stupid enough to open the box? The vial of poison is nearly certain to explode on them, even though they have a definite status of the cat, they were one explosion from death. One wrong move, one spontaneous explosion, and that was it. It was all over.

She was texting Rosemary while at a sleepover with Kaitlyn, but she must have smiled a certain way. Kaitlyn always knew, and it was really annoying.

"Who are you texting?" she asked, lunging for Juliet's phone.

"Just Rosemary; it's nothing, really," Juliet explained, holding tightly onto her phone. She really didn't need this in her life.

"If it's nothing, then let me see," Kaitlyn challenged.

"Um, no, but anyways."

Kaitlyn snatched the phone from her hands and ran into the bathroom with it, locking the door.

"Dammit!" Juliet hissed, soft enough that her siblings wouldn't hear, wake up, or come downstairs.

It seemed to take a painstakingly long period of time before she came out, smirking. "I ship it. JewlRose is really, really cute."