The Fiction Starts Here

A/N: Beyond this point, there is no reality mixed in (except for a single chapter about a single day that was perfect, and I can't change a thing about it, because it's a fixed point). Get your seat belts on and brace yourselves for one hell of a ride, because it only gets intense, emotional, and cute from here - not strictly in that order.
With love,
~Cecil

Rosemary

After her sleepover with Juliet, she decided that it was time to start planning for what she had to do. Breakup with Seth, get Deth together, and get Juliet to date her. Simple, right? Haha, right . . .

As midnight drew nearer on New Year's Eve, she swore two things: she would make it right with Juliet, and she would ask Ryan to be her moirail. Simple resolution. How could anything possibly go wrong, right?

****

"Seth, hey, um . . . Can we talk?" She had pulled him aside after school ended the first day back.

"Yeah, what's up, Rose?" His smiling face, the unsuspecting eyes . . . It killed her every time, wow.

"Look . . . It's probably no secret my feelings about Juliet," she began, not sure if that was exactly a good place, but pretty sure there wasn't a better one.

"Not at all. But . . . that's not become a problem, right?" She felt the color drain out of her face at that, but he put a hand on her arm. "I'm kidding. I know where this is heading, Rose."

She sighed with relief and rested her head against his chest. "You scared me. I thought I was going to have to walk you through this entire thing."

He ran his fingers through her hair and rested his chin on her head. "Not at all. You were just going to say that you want me to know that I don't have to be jealous. Well, I'm not. I trust you, Rosemary."

Her heart fell so hard she could almost hear it hit the tile floor and shatter. "No, not at all, Seth . . . For a second I thought this was going to be easy, oh god." She pulled back from him and looked him in the eyes. "Seth, sweetie, I actually . . . I can't do this anymore - us, that is - and I'm breaking up with you. I'm a lesbian, Seth. A full on, hella gay, big old fucking lesbian."

Realization poured into his face, and he stepped back from her. "Oh. Um, this is awkward . . ."

"Yes. But if it helps, I think I might know who you can start trying to get involved with-"

"Rosemary, I'm in love with David. I love you as a friend, always have and always will.."

She stared at him and he stared right on back. Failing to compose herself entirely, she started giggling. "Well aren't we a couple of daft idiots," she realized. "Haha, my god, how stupid are we? I mean, I know Juliet has at least had feelings for me in the past and therefore may still, but what about you?"

"Oh, yeah, um . . . I have reason to believe he may possibly return the feelings," he admitted.

"That why you kissed me in front of him all those times? Trying to force him to move on? I mean, I don't think that love just stops, especially not if it's your first."

Then Rosemary woke up. Wait, what? Oh fuck, it was only a dream. Guess no breakup could be that smooth, but touche, dear subconscious. Touche.

Heading to school, she decided to do it quick and straight to the point, as soon as she saw him.

"Seth," she shouted across the atrium upon seeing him. She motioned for him to come over and speak with her, now shaking with nerves. "Hi, yes, um, can we talk? Over there? Where no people are at?"