Chapter 65

-Emma POV-

"Ma puce!" (sweetheart) My dad look at my side and then exclaim "Jerry! Quelle belle surprise!" (What a wonderful surprise!) He step outside to take me into his arms. The emotions that engulf me are overwhelming and I end up crying into my dad shoulder. "Emma! Pourquoi tu pleure? Tu m'as manqué aussi ma chérie." (Why are you crying? I've missed you too my darling.)

I still have one hand trapped into Harry's one and I feel him squeeze it. I step back, clearing my throat as I dry my tears with my other hand.

"Désolée, je suis émotive!" (Sorry, I'm emotional!) I look at my right to see Harry giving me a pity look and an uneasy laugh escape me. There's still some weirdness between me and Harry when it's about my emotions, because he knows I'm not totally honest with him right now, but I'm trying really hard, and he knows that too.

"Ah! Come in, you two!" My dad say and step aside to let us come inside the house. "Jerry, you want something to drink?" I love how my dad keep calling Harry by the wrong name, and at this point it's kind of a pet name, and I find it cute. Knowing my dad, it's an unspoken way of telling him he likes him. Harry laugh at my dad known mistake.

"Water will be fine, thanks Charles." Harry lead me to the couch where we sit side by side, never letting go of my hand.

"Tu ne m'avais pas dit que vous alliez visiter, Emma. Et encore moins que vous étiez un 'vous' à nouveau." (You haven't told me you would visit, Emma. Neither that you were a 'you' again.) He tell us, watching both of us. I smile to him, squeezing Harry's hand again. I swear that guy is my anchor. I look at Harry who smile me back, clearly not aware of what my dad just said. Poor him, I wish my dad was bilingual. "Tu m'appelle pratiquement jamais." (You practically never call me.) My dad mutter and I feel bad. It's true, I'm the worst daughter ever.

"Je sais, je suis désolé, papa." (I know, I'm sorry, dad.) I look at Harry by my side, reaching to whisper in his ear. "Would you mind, giving us a moment?"

"Of course not, I'll wait outside." Harry exclaim and stand, giving me a peck on the lips before eclipsing outside.

I turn to look at my dad, and let go of a huge breath. "Papa, il y a quelque chose que je dois te dire." (Dad, there is something I need to tell you.)

***

Hours later, windows down, soft music into the speaker of the car and we reach the limit of Quebec as we see the white hanging bridge appearing on the horizon of the highway, the pylon of Jacques-Cartier bridge.

After my little discussion with my dad earlier, Harry join us back, and he saw that we had an important and emotional conversation with the state of both ours eyes to me and my dad. When my dad realised that Harry didn't know what I've just announced him, I could see how frustrated he was with me, and I know it's bad. I really need to tell him, and the sooner the better.

But not today.

Today we are going to Quebec for a particular reason, and I know I will have a nice time with my boyfriend. I look at my right to see Harry playing with our front stage pass for the Festival d'été de Québec, also call FEQ here in Quebec.

"So, you haven't told me who we're going to see?" Harry kinda ask, still fiddling with the platinum badge.

"Tonight on the main stage it's Bishop Briggs, which I love, then Imagine Dragon." I see Harry smile and nod his heads in approval. "I'm eager to see Imagine Dragon, they give a nice show, or so I've heard."

"Yeah, they did! I've already saw them and it was a good time. But I've never seen them from the pit. Actually, I've never been in a music festival pit. Always been in the lodge." He tell me as a matter of fact.