Chapter 36

-Emma POV-

I wake up with puffy eyes from crying, alone. I remember Harry shooting my pain away all night, he must have got tired of me, so he leave. I understand. I stretch my muscles and look at the alarm clock on the nightstand. 7:58 AM. Time to get up. I roll out of bed and take my things for a shower. There's one bathroom on the second floor, so I knock on the door before entering to be sure there's no one in there. I wash my nightmare away, I'm ready for a new day. I put some jeans and long sleeves shirt, put my still wet hair in a braid and go downstairs. There's probably someone awake down there.

When I reach the kitchen, I find Harry and Anne talking around the breakfast bar. They stop when they saw me.

"Sorry, I didn't want to interrupt." I say turning around to leave. A hand grab my arm.

"Non-sense, love. I prepare coffee for you. Come." Anne sweet voice tell me. She gave me a cup of warm coffee and take the milk out of the fridge. "We were actually talking about you."

I look up at Anne and frown, then realized. "Oh, I'm sorry, I hope I didn't prevent sleep..."

She cut in. "Stop. I'm just worried, do you often do nightmares?"

"Not since a while, I realized I have forgot my pills when I arrived in London."

"That's why you didn't sleep." Harry say, like he is talking to himself, because he look at the counter.

"Yep, fighting my demons. But hey," I touch his arms to have his attention. "Thank you for being there yesterday." I smile then continue. "I guess I'll need some tisane before bed now." I chuckle.

"After all these emotions, you must be starving. I'll prepare a full english breakfast. Gemma should join us soon."

I didn't meet Gemma yesterday, she got delay and arrived here around midnight. I was already in bed by that time. I offer my help to Anne. but without a surprise, she refuse it. I settle down on the counter bar stool next to Harry and take a sip of my coffee.

"How are you?" Worried Harry ask me. He is too sweet.

"I'm fine, really." Harry shake his head.

"You have cried all night, Emma. Don't spare me." I sometimes forgot that he can read through me.

"It's been a while, the nightmares, I mean... I was just not prepared to it. Brings me bad memories, that's all. But I'm seriously fine now, in the real world, surrounded by amazing people." I smile to him and he seem to relax.

"Damn, Harry you have the same face that when you discover Mitch was in love with Sara, you look like shit." A feminine voice say behind me and Harry close his eyes and inhale

"Watch your words, young lady." Anne intervene.

"She's not that young anymore." Gemma slap her brother on the arm then look at me and extend the same hand.

"You must be Emma, I'm Gemma, that fool sister's" She point to Harry then add in a whisper. "I'm the wiser one."

I shake her hand. "So if I need a clever Styles, I know where to go."

"Hey, I'm hurt." Harry say and Gemma laugh.

"You got it." Gemma wink to me and serve herself a tea. "You know what we should do today? Take a walk in Astbury Park like old time."

"I agree." Anne say while putting full plates of english breakfast in front of us. "It'll be good to have time with my children, and a nice way for Emma to see who you really are, Harry."

"I'm in." They all look at me. "Well, if, I have something to say to it." Harry burst out laughing, a hearty laugh that melt my inside. My phone ping from a text message and I look at it.