26♡

mattia's pov

i noticed kennedy didn't come to school today, probably cause rafael messed her up so badly. just thought of that made me wince, even though i wasn't the one that got hurt. 

"hey mattia," kara and reina walk up to me. "where's kennedy?"

i sigh. "she's not coming today. rafael..." i didn't even have to finish my sentence for them to know what i mean. the two girls frowned and looked at the floor. "i need to tell you guys something."

"what is it?" reina asks. 

"jenna was the one who told rafael about kennedy and mariano's plan. they've been contacting for a while," i mumble. "fuck, how did i not know?" 

"i'm going to kill a bitch," kara grits her teeth. "does she know you know?"

"yeah we broke up yesterday," i tell them. "it was kinda mess, she's been following me around, so she knew i kissed kennedy and then got all mad at me but then-" just as i said that, an idea popped into my mind.

"wait you kissed kennedy?" reina shouts. "i fucking knew it dude-- kara didn't i tell you?" i roll my eyes.

kara coughs. "yeah mattia you didn't try your best to hide the fact that you're into her." 

"it's not like anything can happen anyway," i say sadly. "we can't talk anymore-- mariano won't let me go within 3 feet of her." 

"as if we aren't dealing with a dangerous gang member-- you guys have to put a love triangle in the middle of it too," reina shakes her head. 

"not like i can compete with mariano anyway." 

"polibio where is your confidence?" kara yells. "if you want her, fight for her." 

"how the fuck do i do that when they're literally locked in her house together huh?" i ask. 

"you have a point there." 

kennedy's pov

"your bruises are looking better," mariano points to my face. "hardly noticeable." 

"yeah but the ones on my stomach are a lot more worse." i lift up my shirt and look at them. "well my clothes cover them." mariano grabs my bare waist and pulls me in for a kiss. "what was that for?"

"since i have a gut feeling i'm gonna lose you to mattia i'm trying to have my moments with you as often as i can," he answers honestly, making me frown. "don't be sad ken, i'll move on eventually. it's not your fault you like him." 

"i wish all guys were as sweet as you," i whisper. "you really do deserve the best you know?"

"second best actually. 'the best' is you-- i'll get the second best thing." 

"if you're trying to make me feel bad it's working," i whine. 

"sorry sorry," he chuckles. his phone dings and he takes it out to look at the text message. "uh, rafael wants us to come with him for another job tonight." 

"yeah okay whatever." i roll my eyes. 

around 9pm rafael and his men came to my house to pick up mariano and i. he started making jokes about my bruises, pretending he didn't know how i got them and asked me to tell him what happened. i am going to literally strangle jenna with my bare hands. then one of his men whispers something in his ears but i could't hear what he said. rafael just nods and smiles. 

once we get to our destination, everyone gets out the car and rafael stares at me. "so we can't continue, because we're being followed." he turns to one of the guys. "why don't you go get him." 

mariano and i wait patiently for the his worker to bring out the guy. who'd be stupid enough to follow rafael? seconds later i saw a familiar face. "mattia?" i shout. "why would you try and follow us?"

"so i can get rid of him for you," he replies immediately. "i didn't want him controlling your life anymore."

"you really think you could've gotten rid of me?" rafael laughs. "that's cute-- i admire your determination. unfortunately, anyone who tries to mess with me, ends up dying." 

"no." i try running to mattia but one of the men held me back by my shoulder. "don't rafael. kill me instead okay? he has nothing to do with this." 

rafael ignores me and takes out his gun. "mattia you really should've just stayed home." 

i had to think quick. the guy who was holding me back had a gun at his waist so i grabbed it and aimed it at rafael. "drop the gun rafael." 

his other worker took out his gun and aimed it at me, but i didn't didn't surrender. 

"would you die for this boy?" he asked. 

"would you? you shoot him, i shoot you," i tell him. and that's when i realized. even if rafael lowered his weapon, i still threatened his life. he'd kill me either way for going against him. or worse, someone else i love. 

that wasn't a chance i was willing to take, so if rafael's men kill me then so be it. before i knew it i pulled the trigger and watch the bullet hit rafael's head.

.