3 ♡

kennedy's pov
lunch

kara reina and i were sitting at the table we've been sitting at since freshmen year.

"it feels good with all three of us here again," kara says.

"this our last year," reina said, "let's make it the best one."

"agreed," i said.

from the corner of my eye i saw josh approach our table. "can we talk?"

"there's nothing to talk about." i keep looking down at the table so i wouldn't have to make eye contact with him.

"nothing to talk about? there's everything to talk about," josh opposes. "please kennedy, you owe me this conversation."

i finally was able to bring my eyes to meet his. his blue eyes were desperate and full of hurt and love at the same time.

"okay." i get up from my table and josh and i walk to somewhere a little bit more private.

"what happened last year?" he asks immediately. "did i do something wrong?"

"what? no-"

"then did you meet another guy?" josh interrupts me.

"josh it wasn't anything like that," i raise my voice.

he looks to the side and then up at the ceiling in frustration. "i know we weren't dating, but why did you ghost me?"

"it wasn't just you i ghosted okay? it was kara and reina too— it was everyone."

"but why?"

"i went through a rough patch for a while i needed to get my head straight and be on my own," i tell him. "i didn't want you to wait for me or try and help me cuz it was my problem."

"i liked you a lot— i couldn't just 'move on' okay that's not how it works."

i lick my lips and look to the side.

josh sighs. "i still have hella feelings for you— i still like you."

no one can be involved with me in that way, it was too dangerous. "well try and get over it me." i look at him. "you deserve a lot more than what i gave you. please just... just forget about me."

i leave josh by himself and walk back to my table.

"he's still on you?" kara asks.

"yeah, i told him to forget about me."

"kennedy," reina says, "what happened? like why did you ghost all of us? josh i get, you lost interest, but why me and kara?"

first of all, i didn't ghost josh because i lost feelings and second of all i can't tell them. i can't put them in danger too.

"something happened," i vaguely said. "it was nothing i just needed to be away from my electronics, thats all."

kara scrunches her eyebrows. "okay but what happened-"

"look guys," i interrupt her, "it's just a situation that i rather forget about okay? i'm sorry i didn't talk to you guys but i'm back now. so may we please drop it? please?"

they both look at me with sympathy written all over their faces and nod. i know what they look like when they feel bad for me this was one of those moments.

mattia's pov

"alejandro you okay?" i ask.

he was staring in the distance and he wasn't engaging into kairi and my conversation.

"i'm fine," he says.

"what're you looking at?" kairi follows his gaze and sees kennedy. "kennedy?"

"are you into her?" i ask him.

"sophomore year, yeah. a little," alejandro admits. "until she moved away."

kairi puts a chip in his mouth. "why didn't you ever do anything about it?"

he turns to kairi. "cause she was talking to josh remember?"

"are they still talking?"

"i dont think so," i cut in. "he still likes her though. i can tell by the way he was talking to her in english class today."

"you have english with kennedy?" said alejandro.

"yeah i'm uh.. going over to her house tomorrow to work on a project," i tell them.

"whose house?" jenna walks towards our table and takes a seat next to me.

i kiss her on the lips. "kennedy's. for that project we have in english."

"oh.. okay" she said uncomfortably.

"don't worry," i assure her, "it's just for a project."

.