13 ♡

kennedy's pov

once i was out of mattia's sight, i walked up to rafael. 

"what're you doing here?" i shout. 

"have to keep my eye on you-- i dont trust you anymore," he replies, taking a sip from his soda. "want some?"

i push his cup out of my face. "have you been following me?"

"occasionally-- here and there, but not always," he shrugs. "who's that boy?"

my jaw clenches. "no one."

"you sure?" he smirks. 

"rafael what do you want?" i groan. 

"remember when you and mariano lost my shipment that was worth $25,000?" he asks.

i lick my lips. "i must've apologized for that 100 times raf-- what's your point?"

"my point is.. you're still in debt to me. both you and mariano are."

"i know, you gave me a reminder a couple days ago." i lift up my shirt. 

he smiles at the sight of my stomach. "was that girl bothering you the other day?"

"what girl?" i ask.

"i saw her punch you in the stomach," he tells me. 

"jenna? i can handle jenna," i reply. 

"she has fire-- i like her," rafael nods. 

"great, let her take my place instead then," i give a sarcastic smile. 

"nah it's fine. listen, i need you and mariano to help me make a delivery tonight," rafael orders. 

i roll my eyes. "i dont feel up for it."

the moment i said that rafael pins me to the wall and chokes me with his forearm. "baby you dont have a choice. see, this is why i like mariano better-- he listens." 

"f-fine." i could barely breathe at this point. 

rafael smirks and finally let's me go. "i'll send a car for you tonight at 10pm." with that, he walks away. 

mattia's pov

kennedy was taking a long so i was starting to get worried. i looked back to see if she was done but then i saw a man walk from around the corner and kennedy shortly followed while holding her neck.

i immediately stood up and walked her side. 

"are you okay?" i ask her as i watch the man walk out of chic fil a. "who was that?"

"i'm fine," she laughs. "uh i dont know i didnt talk to him."

"let me see your neck." i try pushing her hand away from her neck but she doesnt budge. "kennedy."

"no," she shouts. 

"what the fuck is wrong with you, just let me see your neck ken."

"no, it's just a rash and i dont want you to see it," she says moving around. 

"well then let me see what type of rash it is," i reply. 

"mattia. i said no, let's just leave it alone." kennedy turns around and lifts the collar of her shirt up to cover more of her neck. "can we just get back to eating?"

i narrow my eyes at her. "yeah.. okay." 

as we walk back to our table, i look out the windows to see if the man is still there but i couldnt find him. 

jenna's pov

i saw kennedy walk away from mattia and fast walk towards the back from outside. when she goes around the corner she starts talking to a man. after a couple minutes, things got heated and he started choking her. that's probably the same guy who gave her all those bruises. 

he starts walking out of chic fil a and i run up to him. 

"oh you," he says. 

"you know me?" i ask.

"while you watch kennedy outside of her house, i watch you," he tells me. "cause i also watch kennedy."

"oh," i gulp. 

"kinda creepy if you ask me," he mumbles.

i cross my arms. "as if you dont do that same thing."

"i keep my eye on my workers-- it's different. you do it to just simply watch her," he said.

"i dont trust her with my boyfriend," i correct him. "and what do you mean 'workers'?"

"i have a complicated job-- kennedy's in my debt."

"your job involves hitting women?" i ask. "nothing that i'm complaining-- not when it comes to kennedy."

"like i said it's complicated. i just needed to teach her a lesson."

"you think you can make kennedy stay away from my boyfriend?"

"possibly," he shrugs, "what's in it for me?"

"she likes talking to him. she'll be sad if you make her stop. isnt her being sad enough?" 

"i see your point. i'll think about it." he takes out his phone. "give me your contact."

i take his phone and type in my number. 

"im rafael by the way," he introduces. 

"jenna." i give him back his phone, "hope you take what i said into consideration."

he smiles and then walks away.

.