4 ♡

kennedy's pov

"hey mom," i greet as i got home from school.

"how was your first day back?" she asks.

"it was good.. i think. i dont know, everything seems fine though," i answer. "feels like old times."

"that's great sweetie."

"did you unpack yet?"

"uhm, i actually have to go back to our other house for a like a week to finish my job," my mom says. "since we left so suddenly, i didn't give a notice that i was quitting so i have to stay there for at least a week."

"oh.. okay. are you leaving now?"

my mom nods. "yeah unfortunately i do."

"that's fine. i can take care of myself just be careful on the road." i give her a hug.

"yeah baby i'll be fine, take care of yourself okay?" she pulls away and heads to the door. "love you."

"love you more."

-

the truth was: i was actually scared to be home alone. ever since that happened, i've been on edge.

the next day

4th period english

"hey kennedy," mattia says as he takes a seat in front of me. "i'm still going over after school right?"

i completely forgot about that. "oh yeah for sure."

josh takes a seat at the table nexts to us and scoffs.

i turn my head to him. "would you relax? it's a for a project."

"right, except i know how you get when you're alone with boys like mattia. because i am 'boys like mattia'."

"he has a girlfriend josh," i remind him.

"that's right," jenna cuts in as she walks over to mattia. "don't forget that." she gives me a bitchy smile.

"if i wanted mattia, i would just take him," i snap. "it's the second day of school. i don't need this shit now and i don't need it ever. so will both you and josh just stay in your lane and leave me alone?"

"you're the one who needs to stay in your lane," said jenna. "see you after class babe." she kisses mattia on the lips.

i look back at josh. "i get i did you dirty, but i don't want to be on bad terms with you. so please don't give me a reason to. you, yourself knows what happens when people get on my bad side."

he doesn't say anything and takes out his folder for class.

"well you have no problem being straight up," mattia whispers.

"no i dont," i answer. "keep that in mind."

he puts his hands up and smiles, not taking me seriously. "got it." i ignore him and start taking out my stuff. "so what's this about if you wanted me you would just take me?"

i take out my pencil. "mattia, i just said that to piss her off— don't think too much of it."

"alright whatever you say." he still had a that grin on his face.

boys like mattia don't like being ignored so that's what i did. i ignored him.

after school

"hey," mattia says running to my side. "so i'll meet you at your house? i drove to school today."

i scrunch my eyebrows. "what?.. oh." i forgot he was coming over again. "uh yeah just meet at my house then."

"alright bet."

i give mattia my address and then drove back home to wait for him.

-

"we can work in the kitchen," i say opening the door for him.

"are your parents home?" he asked.

"no my moms out of town."

"damn it i wanted to make a good impression," mattia laughs. 

"too bad."

we make our way to my kitchen and sit down at the counter.

everything was going pretty well and we actually got a lot of the work done until mattia started asking me personal questions.

"so whyd you move?" he asks.

i shrug. "needed a new environment i guess?"

"and every seems shocked that you're back."

"i didn't really tell anyone i was coming back home— it was a last minute decision."

"well why did you come back home?"

i look at him. "cause i just missed my friends okay? can we get back on track?"

mattia smirks at me. "you're kinda cute when you get mad."

"you know who's cuter? your girlfriend," i remind him.

"true but you're still cute."

i roll my eyes and smile.

"did i finally make you smile?" he said, smiling himself. i try hard to keep a straight face but he got closer to me to see. "i made you smile didnt i?"

"what do you want polibio? a reward?" i joke.

"yeah actually." mattia replies. "we're gonna be good friends now— i don't make the rules."

"uhhhh.. no."

"why not? we get along so well."

"cause of your girlfriend. i know how jenna gets okay? i don't want that drama," i tell him.

plus i didn't need anymore people in my life to care about. not at a time like this.

"jenna doesn't control me— i can have friends. and i like you, youre chill and funny." he gives me an innocent smile.

i adjust it a little. "we can be acquaintances."

"not what i was going for but good enough for me."

jennas pov

i watch mattia and kennedy through her kitchen window while i was sitting in my car. i wanted to make sure that the both of them weren't doing anything while no one was watching so, here i am.

mattia was smiling and looked at her a lot. and at first she didn't care but then she started giving him the same energy. that's not gonna turn out well for you kennedy.

.