19♡

mattia's pov

when i got home, i saw jenna's car parked in my driveway.

"hey, where've you been?" she asks, sitting on my porch. 

"i stopped by kennedy's house," i tell her. 

"oh? you guys are still talking? i thought you were mad at her for what she said about me."

"i realized it was stupid-- i lost my temper with her," i frown. i unlock my front door and the both of us walked in.

"what'd she say?" jenna asks. 

"she said she didnt wanna talk to me anymore or have me in her life. she kept screaming at me and she was crying-- a lot," i answer. "i dont know what's up with her but i'm gonna find out."

"are you sure that's wise-- she doesnt wanna interact with you anymore."

i scoff. "as if i'm gonna listen. something's wrong with her so i'm gonna find out what it is. i bet you it's that mariano guy-- i dont trust him."

"i dont think you should do that," said jenna. "cause i know girls and she's just gonna get even more angry." 

"are you sure?"

"yeah," she confirms. "let her come to you first." 

"hm okay. i'm just really worried about her-- she seemed genuinely upset." 

jenna crawls on top of my lap. "let's not talk about kennedy anymore."

i scrunch my eyebrows. "but there's something wrong with her-" jenna cuts me off by kissing me roughly and running her hands through my hair. 

kennedy's pov 

the next day...

i had a nightmare about my mom's accident where i watched her get hit by a car but i couldnt do anything cause rafael kept holding me in place. as i jolt awake, mariano puts his arms around my waist and pulls me into him. 

"hey hey," he whispers. "you're sweating like crazy." 

i look around and noticed we were on the couch with a blanket over us. 

"when did we even fall asleep?" i ask. 

"i dont remember," he mar answers. "what'd you dream about?"

"my mom's accident," i sigh. "but i kept thinking last night, you were right. how did rafael find out our plan about the police."

"well did you tell anyone else about it?"

i shake my head. "nope. did you?"

mariano copies my actions and shakes his head too. "do you think anyone heard us?" 

"mmm i dont think so. it wasn't like we were in a super public area-- we were at school. the only person that we ran into was..."

"mattia," he finishes for me. 

"no.. no he wouldnt. he doesnt even know who rafael is," i defend. "he'd never do that to me."

"you never know," mar points out. "like what if rafael saw you and mattia one time and he threatened someone that he loves? like his girlfriend or parents. so that he'd help spy on you."

"well.. there was this one time he saw mattia and i at chic fil a," i tell him. 

"until we know for sure.. you can't trust him-- or anyone for that matter, okay?"

i frown and look at him. "okay."

"come on, go get ready. i'll take you to school and pick you up. we can visit your mom after school," he smiles. 

"thank you mar." i couldn't help but lean in and kiss him. it was the only way i knew how to show my appreciation for him at the moment. 

mattia's pov 

as i arrive to school i saw kennedy get out of mar's car. she walks over to his window and gives him a peck on the lips as he smiles, not taking his eyes off her. well she looks way better than yesterday. let her come to you first. nah fuck that. 

kennedy walks over to the entrance and i run up behind her. 

"are you still mad at me?" i ask. 

she looks around before answering me. "i cant talk to you."

"what the fuck? why not?" 

"mattia please just leave me alone okay? stop texting me, stop calling me, stop talking to me."

"that's harsh ken, dont you think? yeah i yelled at you but i dont deserve this," i say. "i dont deserve any of this." 

"you're right, you don't," she agrees, confusing me. "you deserve a better friend."

"but i dont want another friend," i shout. "i want yo-." at this point i dont even know if i meant that as a friendly way or not. all i know is that i've grown to care for this girl and i'm not letting her leave me. 

"don't finish that sentence," she stops me. "just stick with your girlfriend and stay away from me okay? i mean it."

"is this because of mar?" i ask. "cause ever since he came into town, you've been acting weird. are you guys together now? is he pulling a jenna and making you stay away from me?"

"no!" she looks at me with disgust. "mar is nothing like your pathetic little girlfriend okay? he actually lets me do whatever i want and he'd never lay a hand on me." she had a look where she immediately regretted saying that.

"lay a hand on you? what's that suppose to mean-- why are you comparing jenna with that?"

"nothing.. forget i ever said anything." with that, kennedy turns around and walks away. 

.