20♡

mattia's pov

what did she mean by that? i walk into school sad and head over to my locker.

"you okay bro?" ale asks me.

"you look upset," kairi adds. 

"i dont know man." i open my locker. "kennedy's being all weird. something's up with that girl-- i'm worried."

"if there's one thing i remember about her from last year, it's that she hates nosy people," alejandro says. "i'd say let her be man."

"but she's like fucken depressed or some shit. she cries all the damn time and she has a new injury everyday."

"woah," kairi cuts in, "you think she's depressed and self harming?"

"kennedy's not like that," said alejandro. "you should just leave her alone like she asked."

"yeah youre probably right." i look up and see reina and kara by their lockers. "oh shit, maybe i should ask them."

kairi looks at me. "but you said-"

i walk away before they could say anything else. 

"hey guys," i greet them as they turn around.

"hey mattia, what's up?" kara answers. 

"do you guys know what's up with kennedy?"

"mm be more specific," said reina. 

"like yesterday night," i give an example. "she was upset and sobbing and told me she wanted nothing to do with me." 

"well her mom got into a car accident yesterday night," kara says. "she.. didnt tell you?" 

my face drops. "no.. she didn't tell me anything. is she okay?" 

reina shakes her head. "she was super upset on the phone when she told us. but mariano spent the night with her so she felt a little better." 

i roll my eyes at the sound of his name. 

"uh oh, someone doesnt like the sexy white latino," kara chuckles. 

"he's not even that cute," i mumble. "and dont you guys think that ever since he came until town she's been acting weird?"

"well yeah kinda but he makes her happier too," reina opposes. "he cares about her."

"a little too much..."

"what do you mean by that?" kara asks. 

"i feel like he told her that she isnt allowed to talk to me or anything," i mention. "it's obsessive that he want her to himself." then i thought of jenna-- she's the exact same. 

reina scrunches her face. "mm i dont think so, but she hasnt told us anything about that." 

"and she gets a new injury like every single fucking day," i add. "like is she that clumsy?"

"half of the injuries werent her fault though," kara says, "like the cut she had on her lip was because someone accidentally hit her." 

reina turns to her. "what? she told me it was because she was looking down on her phone and walked into the corner of the wall... well now that i repeat that it sounds stupid." 

"wait wait," i interrupt, "she told me a car accidentally hit her, that's how she got those bruises too." 

"pause," kara holds her hand up. "what bruises?" 

i look at the both of them and they had a confused expression on their faces. "the.. bruises on her stomach.." 

"oh the one jenna gave her when she punched her?" reina asks. 

"no what the fuck are you talking about, i meant ones from the car accident," i confirm. 

"what car accident?" kara throws her hands up. 

"the bruises on her stomach," i shout. 

"yeah, from jenna?" reina asks. "by the way i still cant believe youre dating her."

at this point i dont know what the fuck is going on. "jenna didnt do shit."

"she punched her in the stomach," kara yells. "did.. she not tell you...?"

"no.. she didnt. jenna would never do that, when did this even happen?" i ask. 

"uhh i think the day you came over right after school," reina states. "wait so why did you go over?"

"to ask her about her stomach. i was the first person to see her after school," i said. 

"so she had those bruises before jenna came over.." reina mumbles. 

"when did jenna come over, im confused," i say.

"she came over right after you and punched her in the stomach.. according to kennedy," kara tells me. "and she said to stay away from you or something."

jenna punched kennedy in the stomach? i couldnt even process half of what was going on right now. "okay but back track to cut on her lip."

"she ran into the wall," reina says. 

kara shakes her head. "no someone accidentally hit her."

"im still on that car accident story," i add. 

"so the question is.. who is she lying to?" reina asks. 

.