17♡

mattia's pov 

I saw kennedy and mariano walk out of the cafeteria and i dont know why but i followed them. the both of them are hiding something i want to know what it is. they get new injuries like everyday and she keeps making them up-- i wanna know why. 

mariano and kennedy stopped around the corner near the boys bathroom so i stopped on the other side of the wall. 

"hey, i would rather have a sprained ankle than a bullet in my body," i hear kennedy say.

i widen my eyes in both worry and confusion-- what the fuck did she mean a bullet in her body.

they continued talking about she should make it up to him and i just rolled my eyes. when they were about to kiss, i interrupted it by appearing from the corner and pretending that i need to use the bathroom. 

jenna's pov

i saw mattia follow kennedy and a guy out of the cafeteria so i followed right behind him. i was far back enough so that mattia didnt hear my footsteps. he just stopped around the corner and started eavesdropping on their conversation. i couldnt really hear what kennedy and the guy were talking about but then mattia walked around the corner. 

i took his spot so i was closer and able to here what kennedy and the guy were talking about. 

"what if we try and set him up? like we'll ask the police to meet us somewhere and they'll catch rafael in action," said the guy. 

rafael would wanna hear about this. the bathroom door then opens and i hear mattia's voice so i ran back to the cafeteria while sending a text message. 

text to rafael

jenna: i have information that you definitely wanna know
rafael: about?
jenna: kennedy and some other guy that works for you. i think his name is mar or something
rafael: mariano, yeah. what about them?
jenna: not so fast
              if i tell you then you have to make kennedy stop hanging out with my boyfriend
rafael: are you negotiating with me?
jenna: appears so
              what do you say?
rafael: well you got me there.
               fine, i'll make sure ken stays away from your boyfriend
jenna: thank u
              mariano and kennedy are planning on setting you up
              they wanna call the cops or something to catch you in action
rafael: didnt think i raised them to be this stupid
jenna: yeah well do whatever you want with that information idc 
rafael: oh i definitely have something in mind.
              thank you jenna
jenna: mhm 

kennedy's pov

after school

i didnt exactly wanna go home yet-- i was a little bit too scared so i decided to take a walk around my school. 

the music room was open and empty and i noticed a guitar laying there by itself, so i went inside and took it into my hands. no one was around so i started playing around the strings and caught myself wanting to sing. 

my fingers started playing the melody of Riptide by Vance Joy, making me sing along. singing was my only safe place-- where i didn't have to worry about anything cause i was so focused in the lyrics and the meaning. 

once i finished the song, i made my way to the exit until i got a call.

mattia's pov

there was a quick soccer meeting after school discussing when the upcoming tryouts were so i didn't go home right away. once the meeting was over, i made my way to the parking lot and passed the music room on the way. i stopped walking because i heard singing and the guitar playing coming from inside the room so i went go see who it was. 

i peaked through the door and saw kennedy playing the guitar and singing riptide by herself. her voice was amazing and she told me she wasn't good. liar. i stayed until she finished the entire song and didn't even realize i was smiling the entire time.

"hello?" i hear her say. i look in the room again and saw her on the phone. "why are you calling me?"

she looked scared and worried.

"oh my god.. fuck you," she shouted. kennedy started crying and ran out of the room quickly not even noticing me. 

.