11♡

mattia's pov

text to jenna

mattia: hey jenna
jenna: hey babe what's up
mattia: why does kennedy provoke you so much
jenna: srsly? we're talking about this again?
mattia: yea. we are. 
jenna: like i said i just dont trust her
mattia: then trust me
jenna: why do you wanna talk to her so bad
mattia: cuz jenna i just like talking to her. if i wanted to be with her id just break up with you and im still with you arent i?
jenna: ugh
              okay fine, if you wanna be her friend so fucken bad
mattia: that's all we are.
                friends.
                nothing more okay?
jenna: okay, i believe you.
mattia: thank you

text to kennedy

mattia: guess what
kennedy: what
mattia: jenna says im allowed to talk to you
kennedy: lmfaoo really?
mattia: yeah ik, hard to believe
kennedy: ight, that's cool
mattia: i'll see u tmr
kennedy: see u tmr

kennedy's pov

the next day, 4th period

"hey," mattia greets me as i take a seat.

"oh yeah, i forgot we're allowed to talk now," i reply.

"how's your stomach?"

worse cause your raggedy ass girlfriend punched me. "it's slowly getting better, still hurts though."

"just be careful when you cross the streets next time and look both ways," he advises.

i fake a laugh. "yeah, will do."

"wanna do something after school? i wanna get chic fil a," he says. 

"yeah sure, i'll just drop off my things at home first."

"alright bet i'll pick you up."

mattia's pov lunch

since lunch was right after 4th period, i wanted to walk kennedy to her table. 

"can i walk you?" i ask. 

kennedy stares at jenna who was walking in this direction. "no i think you should walk your girlfriend." 

"okay then, i'll see you after school." i wave to her as she walks out of the class. 

"where are you guys going after school?" jenna asks. 

i put my arm around her as we head to jenna's lunch table. she spends 30 minutes with her friends and 30 minutes with me. 

"we're going to chic fil a," i tell her. "is that okay?"

"yeah, fine by me," she smiles.

i liked this side of jenna-- she's more laid back, it makes me like her even more. 

"alright bye babe." i kiss her on the lips and watch her walk to her table.

when approach alejandro and kairi i saw a guy i've never seen before looking around.

"aye bro you looking for something?" i ask. 

"uh yeah actually i'm looking for-"

"mariano?" kennedy cuts in. "what the fuck are you doing here?"

"you two know each other?" i ask them. 

kennedy's pov 

i ignore mattia's question. 

"mar, what are you doing here?" i repeat myself. 

"obviously for you.." he furrows his eyebrows together. "i woke up one day and you were just gone."

i gulp. "you know why i had to leave."

"you could've at least said goodbye," he whispered. 

"mar, i wanted to, but i couldnt risk you know who finding me," i explain. "not that, that worked."

"he found you? here?"

i nod sadly. "yeah he did."

mariano got closer to me and then pulled me in for a hug. "i'm so sorry i wasn't here to protect you, ken."

i hug him back immediately. "it wasn't your fault-- i'm the one who left without saying goodbye."

"did he hurt you?" mariano asked, as he examines my body.

i lick my lips and lift up my shirt just slightly. his hands caressed my stomach and he looks back up at me. 

"did he hurt you?," i questioned. 

mariano laughs lightly and lifts up his shirt too. his bruises were way worse than mine and i felt so bad for him. 

"when is this gonna stop?" i whisper.

"i dont know." mar takes my hand, "but we'll get through this together okay? imma stick around-- we'll look after each other."

i nod in agreement. "maybe you can stay with me?"

"thank you princess but i got an apartment earlier-- we need our space too," he states. 

"rafael is somewhere in town," i inform him, "just be careful okay? he might think you're trying to run from him too."

"no he already knows im here," mariano corrects me. 

"what? how?" i almost shouted. 

"he was the one who told me you were here-- he beat me because he thought i helped you run. i didnt think he actually found you in person-- it thought he just knew what city you were in."

i cover my mouth with both my hands. "oh my god mar, i'm so sorry."

"aye," he grabs my hands. "i would if i could-- i'd do that all over again it means it'll protect you." 

"i'm glad you're here," i smile. 

"i'm glad im here too."

.