25♡

mattia's pov

i drove as fast as i could to kennedy's house breaking the speed limit the entire time. there were no cars parked near her house except mariano's, making relieved that i still had time to warn her. i knock on the door aggressively and a couple seconds later mariano opened it. 

"oh thank god," i say out of breath. "i need to tell you guys someth-"

"you need to leave," mariano cut me off. "now. i'm not playing with you mattia." 

"no, no you dont understand. rafael is on his way here to-"

"he already came," he shouted. 

my breath started trembling as i exhale. "he what? is she okay? where is she?" i try to peak into the house but mariano shoved me back. 

"no she's not okay," said mar. "she's fucked up right now, all because she talked to you. if this keeps happening to her, she'll die. the human body can only handle so much." 

"just let me see how she is," i plead. 

"no mattia," mariano was screaming at me. "you being here is already putting her in danger, so leave before i make you leave." 

"just let me apologize to her."

"you weren't the one who just watched her suffer in front of you. i couldn't do anything about it. i was fucking helpless and i couldn't defend her. you don't know what that was like." his voice was getting shakier. "she's never talking to you again-- over my dead body. if i see you getting anywhere near her... i'll get rid of you myself." 

"mar-"

"i mean it." i could see anger written all over his face. "if you care about her-- if you want her to stay alive, keep your distance." 

i sigh and nod. "it was jenna who told rafael about your plan. she told him to keep me away from kennedy too." i wipe my face. "tell her i'm sorry." 

mariano doesn't say anything and slams the door shut. 

i'm going to make this up to her, i just needed to figure out how to get in contact with rafael and find out where he is. 

kennedy's pov

"tell her i'm sorry," i hear mattia say. 

"did you hear all that?" mariano asks me. 

i nod. "yeah. fuck a bitch named jenna." 

"do you want me to do anything about it?" 

"you're not going after a female mariano," i decline. 

"i thought you guys were about gender and equality and shit. i'll show her equality alright." 

i laugh a little. "no, i'll handle jenna." 

mariano continues icing my face and all my other bruises. "i dont think you should go to school tomorrow." 

"yeah i don't think i should go either," i agree. "if i keep icing my face enough, i dont think the bruises will form completely." 

"then we'll keep icing it," he smiles. "be honest with me about something."

"always."

"do you like him?" he asks. "i just always feel that tension when i'm with you guys." 

i look down. "i think i do."

"i just want you to be happy," he says. "you know how i feel about you. and when this is over and you choose mattia, i'll respect that." 

"if this is ever over," i correct him. "there was a time where i liked you. so much. and i'd be lying if i said i still don't feel anything for you." 

"you feel more him though, dont you?" 

"there's no point in answering that," i sigh. "not right now at least." 

"whatever your decision is, you won't lose me." he puts the ice pack down and takes both my hands into his. "you could never lose me." 

"don't get all soft on me mar," i chuckle. "you're gonna make me cry." 

"we will figure a way out of all this. this life was never for us so i know we'll make it out," he assures me. 

mariano was right. this life isn't meant for us at all. i'd do anything to finally be rid of rafael. there's no limit for me-- not anymore.

.