12 ♡

kennedy's pov

honk

i heard mattia honk his car outside of my house so i grabbed my wallet and went to my front door.

"hey," i say. 

"hey, you ready to go?" he asks. 

"yeah." i fasten my seat belt and watch mattia turn to the middle of the road. 

i never really noticed just how attractive he is-- i mean when kara showed me the photo of mattia and his friends i knew he was good looking but up close, he was definitely something else. 

"stop staring it's creepy," mattia says, making me snap out of it. 

"fuck sorry," i smile and turn my head to the road. 

"what're you think about?" 

"nothing," i lie.

"ahhh you think i'm cute don't you?" he teases. 

"not saying anything in case your psycho girlfriend has a recording in your car," i answer. 

"is that a yes?" he turns his head and looks at me.

i make eye contact with him and then shake my head lightly. "just keep your eyes on the road."

-

mattia and i find a table for two after we finish ordering at the cashier and grabbing our food.

"so who was that guy earlier today from lunch?" mattia asks. 

"oh that was mariano-- he's from my other school," i state. 

"he seemed worried about you," he points out.

"yeah i uh, didnt exactly tell him i was moving," i murmur.

"you just dont like telling people these things huh?"

"i thought i was doing him a favor-- didnt think he'd come all the way over here to find me." as soon as i said that i start smiling. mariano really came all the way over here for me.

"did he get hit by a car too?"

"huh?" i tilt my head. 

"i saw his stomach when you lifted up his shirt-- looked pretty bad," mattia says, taking a bite out of his fries. 

"i'm not exactly sure what happened," i lie. "probably had an accident just like me."

"were you and mariano a thing?"

i squint my eyes. "how did you-"

"come on," mattia laughs, "anymore can see the romantic tension between you two."

i blush and look down, trying to refrain my smile. "oh.."

"so.. tell me how it happened?" mattia puts his food and and folds his hands. "i want a story time." 

"mar and i met on the first day of school but i was still involved with josh of course. we spent a lot of time together-- i should've known i was gonna catch feelings. so after i broke it off with josh-"

"you mean when you ghosted josh," he corrects me. 

i roll my eyes. "after josh i just started looking at mariano in a different way i think. and no, he wasnt the reason i ghosted josh-- something just came up, that's all." 

"have you ever told mar?" 

"no.. i never got the chance to." because we were too busy dealing with rafael but i wasnt going to tell mattia that. 

"im actually super surprised jenna's letting me hangout with you after school," mattia chuckles. the second he brought up jenna, my body tensed up, remembering what she did to me yesterday. "uh kennedy you okay?'

"huh? oh yeah im surprised too actually. how are you guys?" i pretended to be interested because i knew mattia liked talking about her. after yesterday, i definitely didnt want him to see her anymore-- she's fucken crazy, but how was i going to tell him that. 

"we're great-- ever since she let me start talking to you again, it made me respect her even more," he said. 

nah, that's it-- im telling him. "listen mattia..."

"i think im really starting to love the girl." he smiles. "sorry, what were you gonna say?" 

fuck really? love? "uh-" but then i looked up and saw someone that made every cell in my body freeze. 

rafael. 

"what're you looking at?" mattia starts turning his head to see what i was looking at but i stopped him. 

"nothing," i shout, grabbing his wrist. "i gotta go use the bathroom. can you watch my stuff real quick?"

"yeah for sure."

i smile and fast walk to rafael's direction. 

.