Attempts at encouragement

You know guys, a lot of us have been really sad about this whole coronavirus thing. I, for one, am one of those people. Like I just kind of acknowledge that it is what it is and that I'm gonna slug through it, yet at the same time I'm just kind of exhausted and don't want to deal with it anymore. If you're one of those people then this is the right entry for you.

I sympathize with you about the hatred you have for this stupid virus that's messing everyone's lives up.

I mean really, if you're not screaming inside I just like don't understand you. Not that it's a bad thing. I'm happy if you're happy, but ya girl ain't, and I know there's got to be at least one other person out there who feels like a caged animal at the moment.

Well, I wrote a poem for y'all to remind you of something important:

You are brave for living.

I think it's the coward's way out
To take your life away,
End it all early
Refuse to feel anything anymore.

Feelings are difficult
They're the riptide threatening to drown
And if you don't just let go
You'll end up sinking in the surf

But you, my friend, are brave
Every day you face the unknown world
Something that hurts you
With every fragile step you take
You stumble, you fall
And yet with grace you get up
Ignorant of the bruises on your legs
You keep marching on
Letting yourself love the beauty that comes with the pain.

Really, y'all you are brave for waking up, living and breathing every day. Because undoubtedly you are going to face suffering and happiness and all of these other wild and wacky emotions and that's scary. (Yes, I said happiness is scary, but that's another story for another time).

I wake up and feel like I can't do it some days, but I'm brave for getting through the cripplingly frustrating doubt about being able to just do my assignments. I feel like I don't deserve to want what I want some days, but I'm brave for trying my best to repel it. And I'm brave for facing my family even though it's not my choice to be stuck in this house.

I know it's tough, but y'all are brave for getting through what ails you. I mean it so don't forget it.

I just hope and pray that this virus stuff ends soon.

I hope you all are well.

Tschüssi
Blue