Chapter 49; a lost cause

Start from the beginning

I rushed to my paws, he lets out a pained cough before shooting me a death glare- "WHAT THE HELL DID YOU DO-?!"

I just shrug staring at my paws awkwardly; at least as much as a giant wolf really can shrug, and I glance behind me before frantically snarling, "Hey!! We're right back at the beginning- I-I think sensei's coming- Hide the hole!!!-"

"With what?! What the fuck to you think I am- a dog- I can't just cover it up with dirt. That's your job-"

"Cover it up with leaves and hay!! That's how they used to hide dead bodies in crime shows-"

At the sound of aizawa's approaching footsteps, Kenai scoots leaves and hay over the hole, but it literally just seeps through it.

I frantically turn my neck, locating a couple of tree branches, but when I sinked my fangs into the bark and started pulling like I did....Kenai started shouting at me-

"YOU JUST TOOK DOWN THREE FUCKING TREES YOU IDIOT-"

"I know what to do!! I'll mark it- he'll never be able to touch it then." He glares at me before scrambling up to eyelevel, I drop the tree's over the hole. He pinches my ear, and I throw him around like a doll.

Eventually he rolls into a bush. That's when I did my business. I ignored his stream of swears as I burried it in dirt.

Despite the fact that i suspected him- his solemn voice somehow startled me. I yelp whirling my head around; snaping my gaze back at him.

"(F/n), you've been ignoring me. Purposefully." His gaze hardens. My tail thumps against the ground, as I let my head sulk, sitting down.

"What the hell is this mess you've gone and made?" I let my ears fall against my head guiltily. He sighs, approaching me.

Releasing a shrill whine, I bitterly place my paw in front of my pile of tree bark. He stops, his cold glare melting into a look of confusion, "What is it now??"

He knew I couldn't speak to him.
I salavated anxiously, flapping my ears. I takes a step farther- and I couldn't help but growl. His foot was now literally touching that pile-

'THAT FUCKING ASSHOLE!!!!!'

'I MARKED IT!!!!!!!!'

He quirks his eyebrow removing his foot from the bark. He backs off at first. "Seriously?? You know I'm going to have to report this- what the hell is it?"

I grunt, now staring at him with annoyance evident in my eyes.
He places his foot down again- I growl. This time, he was definetely toying with me.

'WHAT AN ANNOYING ADS HUMAN!!!'

'NO WONDER HE'S STILL FREAKING SINGLE!!!!'

This kept going on for some time, in a brief pattern- until finally he sighs in defeat."Fine, whatever. Come on kid." I huff, trotting at his side. Kenai scrambled up my shoulder before bitching some more, and of course he eventually just fell asleep.

~

When it was time to eat, I had finally changed back; I wore my new hero costume- it was a gift sent by gang orca, that personally I didn't trust.
So of course, that's why there was a pretty dramatic time skip there, because I was sort of hiding away back in the bus modifying it-

That was only the start of my previous wild adventure, That strange kid ended up following me, instead of Kenai; then I expected that. He was probably getting all sorts of attention from the pussycats- while everyone else was back at camp stretching and preparing for our next group training exercise.

He asked me, "Why aren't you stretching with the rest of those losers??"

I flap my ears smirking. "I knew you were somewhere around here." He narrows his eyes before plopping down on the floor of the bus in front of me, as I sew up the rim of the skirt on my costume- using the sewing kit momo made for me.

"I got this new costume. I don't trust it- so I'm screwing around with it to uhh, make sure it's safe."

He tilts his head in confusion, "You're weird. You're......different from them." I wag my tail, blushing- "Uhh, thanks I guess haha- wanna help me sew on the hood??"

He pursed his lips, then shrugged.

As he helped me he gave me a question that I still haven't mustered up the courage to rethink.

'Why would you wanna be a stupid hero anyway??" I pursed my lips. That simple question seemed to trigger a sea of emotions behind the surface of my thoughts- my thumping tail halted, but then- as I started speaking, it picked up.

"I haven't really asked myself that question since all the stuff that's happened to me. Haha..." I trail off, Damn near piercing my flesh with the needle. He knitted his brows together, the tension of the conversation definetely etched in his features.

"I told myself it was because I wanted to be like my mom. But. I could never be someone as amazing as her...."

"You're talking about her in the past tense." I tilted my head in slight shock.

'Damn, smart kid...'

"Yeah....." I rubbed my neck anxiously. "She got really sick, and I lost her when I was really young. Probably not much younger than you actually."

His gaze on me seemed to soften. He gaped for a milisecond before scowling, and looking away.

"I know how that is."

~

That kid really knew how to handle his fabric- the hood worked like a charm. Then of course, amidst the chaotic training course, that's when the costume affected me the most.

The fabric like; stretched over my body. It was like I was still wearing clothing in my Natural form; yet then I looked the same.

The collar choked me up a bit- I thought I'd losened it up, but throughout training, I just found my anxiety building up.

Katsuki kept trying to talk to me, but then he'd just groan- growing frustrated. I couldn't talk to him like that, what the hell was with all of them? Didn't they freaking notice?

At dinner while everyone else ate- that was my chance to sneak back out again, with a bag of spare clothes in tow, although this time I wasn't exactly sure why, but I felt someone watching me.

I was sure to leave Kenai behind. I had alot of things I needed to make happen in one night, and he was going to get in the way.

I hoped that wasn't him, who was spying on me from afar. I prayed it wasn't him, because I didn't want him to be there, watching me throw myself into a deadly situation. There weren't many bad things that could happen at least in my opinion.

But with this portal thing going on with my body, I feel like things are going to get a whole lot easier.